Boma - Flavors of Africa

Serves meat, veg options available. Please inform your waiter that you are vegan and the chef will gladly show you around the buffet. If necessary, specially-prepared dishes will be provided when there are not enough options. Inquire about breakfast items before going as the above applies to dinner only. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Buffet, African, Non-veg

First Review by X10
DM
DM

Good, but selection varies

3 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2014

Number of vegan options fluctuates, but if you tell your server you're vegan, the chef will come out and walk you around the buffet. If there's not enough, the chef will usually offer to make you something special.

(At breakfast they always offer and you can get tofu scramble plus vegan pancakes or Mickey waffles).

Tusker House inside the Animal Kingdom park seems to always have the same vegan offerings, including samosas, salads, plantains, and a tasty tofu dish...so that might be a safer bet.

Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

A vegan's must visit

4 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

I would rate this higher if I could; I can't say enough great things about this amazing restaurant! Chef Brian showed me around the many delicious vegan buffet items but afterwards offered to make a special dish for my son and it was AMAZING! I wish I'd have made reservations here for more than one night! My son dined on hummus and freshly made pita, noodles with marinara and a delicious tofu with yellow curry. I ate lentil soup, yummy rice with beans and samp and spicy stewed tomatoes. There were even more options I didn't have room to try; I was too full! Dessert was babycakes cupcakes, which are also amazing!! Be sure to make a reservation as they are a busy restaurant!

Pros: amazing food options, awesome and accommodating chef, great atmosphere
X10
X10

Vegan-friendly Buffet!!!

4 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2013

Yes, folks, you heard right - there's a vegan-friendly, all-you-can-eat buffet, right in the heart of Disney World.
The key is to let them know at the front desk that you are vegan. They will have the chef come over to you and take you around the buffet showing you the vegan items. I went for dinner, so I'm not sure what the selection is like for breakfast. There were many dishes that were vegan - yellow rice with golden raisins with curried cabbage, pap (white polenta porridge) with stewed tomatoes, multiple interesting salads, green beans, fruit, hummus and pita. There wasn't a soup in the buffet when I was there, so the chef went in the back and sent one out for me. For dessert, there were no options on the buffet, so the chef prepared a trio of raspberry sorbet, coconut sorbet, and tofutti chocolate ice cream with vegan cookies (yum!!).
Overall, they were very accomodating and the meal was fabulous and very nice atmosphere. I was stuffed by the time I left.
Price for 1 at dinner including the limitless tea or fountain drinks was in the $35 range.

Pros: Delicious, Multiple options and all-you-can-eat, Chef is very accomodating
Cons: A bit pricey