Blossom Du Jour - Midtown

The 3rd Blossom Du Jour, opened in 2012. Billed as "shrewd fast food," this is a fast food version of Blossom Restaurant. Offers wraps, burgers, salads, comfort food, raw pizza, raw burrito, soups, fresh juices, smoothies, and sweets. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Kosher, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery, Catering

First Review by VeganYUMYUM
cookiem
cookiem

Vegan all day long

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

It's annoying going to a veg restaurant when half or more of the food is veg and not vegan. This place is great because you order whatever, and it's all vegan!!! Soooo nice!

They have specials like 10% off a wrap or meal if you look for the special. They have premade cold-pressed juices and salads, along with sides. Nearly every one of the premade items is gluten free. Check the ingredients or the menu board, which marks it as gf in red.

They have gf cookies, cupcakes and of course shakes. The most popular is the butterfinger. Yum- choc and pb! Fair prices for NYC, about $7 for a shake or smoothie. The base for the smoothies is generally soy, but you can request almond. The sandwiches, wraps and salads are about $8-10 each. The sides are about $4-5, and most are gluten free!

The place has a great takeout feel or fast meal, but the seats can be a premium, so watch out if you need to sit down. There is high volume, so the food is fresh. The people are really nice and greeted everyone walking in. A staple vegan institution in NYC, so glad for it!

Pros: All vegan, Gf friendly galore, Shakes and dessert!!
steveveg
steveveg

Fast food, take-out

4 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

This small restaurant is part of the growing Blossom chain of fast food vegan offerings. There are no tables, only counter space for in store dining, not that dining in is that pleasant - the music is loud and the ac weak. The food though is good. We had the philly cheese steak sandwich, midtown melt and un-chicken avocado griller. The cheese steak was substantial. There are plenty of mock meats, seitan, tempeh, and vegan cheese etc on the menu. While sandwiches and wraps are a mainstay, there are gluten free variations. Overall, this is a good choice for casual vegan dining or take out in midtown.

Pros: fast food vegan
Cons: counter seating only

nstrawbr
nstrawbr

Great Vegan Food

4 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2014

We visited this location twice and one of their other locations once. That should be enough to suggest that its good. We had the BLT, Midtown Melt, Skyscraper and the Un-Chicken Avocado Griller. They were all really good. We also had the wedges which were different than what we were expecting but healthy. The only one downside is that everytime we went there they didnt have something I can understand that being a Vegan Cafe that more fresh produce is probably used so im not angry as the food was great but they didnt have coffee one day. All in all i definitely recommend coming here. You will not be dissapointed.

Pros: Good Quality Food, Plenty Of Choices, Friendly Staff
Cons: Shortage With Some Products
maren1290
maren1290

Yummy!

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

We are visiting New York right now and this was the best vegan food so far. We ate the BLT Sandwich and the Philly Cheese Steak. It was just sooooo good! We absolutely love it and we will definetely go back and try something else. The staff is also very friendly.

Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Good fast food

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

Choices are limited in the midtown area, so we were pleased that Blossom was open early for our lunch. As it was Tuesday, we got the 3 Tuesday Tacos as well as a midtown melt, a buffalo wrap and onion rings. It was all tasty and filling. It's a small location with a counter bar area to eat at, but as it was an extremely hot day, it felt like there was no A/C on. Otherwise, it hit the spot.

Pros: good solid fast food, quick friendly service
Cons: no A/C, no restroom
bwolmarans
bwolmarans

Vegan Taco Tuesday!

4 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

Service was fast.

I ordered the tacos, received 3 tacos, beautifully presented in a cardboard box with purple crispy tortillas. Tasty and crunchy the way tacos were meant to be! I can't recommend these enough. Fantastic. Heaps of vegan soy "beef" / "chorizo" on them.

Buffalo wings were cold and extremely slimy, but far from the worst I've had in NYC.

The staff asked me how everything was, I said the wings were cold, they said that's not how they are supposed to come out and they would get me some more, then less than 30 seconds later came out with some wings for me, just as cold as the first lot. oh well. I will upload a photo !

I highly recommend it. Diverse Menu.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 14, 2013

Pros: Tacos, great hip background music, great location
Cons: cold wings
kennyp353
kennyp353

Excellent fast food

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

Best vegan fast food I ever had. As a vegetarian, sometimes vegan can leave you a bit wanting. Not here. I've tried three of their sandwiches, universally excellent, particularly the avocado griller - and at $8 this is a fair price for NYC. And the acai smoothie was fantastic too. They'll deliver to your hotel with a minimum $13 order, which is two sandwiches or one sandwich and a smoothie.

Pros: great fast food, good value
Cons: there isn't one in my home town, i.e. no cons I can think of
Sjstevens23
Sjstevens23

sooooo good!

5 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

I found this sweet gem with my happy cow app! Super delicious, inexpensive and fast. The guy working took time to answer all of my gluten free questions. Will be back tomorrow!

Pros: fast, inexpensive, delicious
Cons: none!
Miru
Miru

Decent but disappointing

3 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2013

I was expecting a bit more from a place associated with Blossom. The food is decent but nothing that made me want to go back. I got the Skyscraper burger, which turned out to be something like a boca-style burger with fixings and onion rings stacked on it for around $8. Nothing else offered with it. The menu for this location on their websites says they have desserts but the staff said that they no longer have those at the Midtown location when I went to order one.

With Maoz and Loving Hut close by, there are more filling and better value options for the price if you're looking for vegan fast food in the Times Square area.

Pros: Fast service, Decent food
Cons: Pricey for what you get, Food lacks flair
VeganYUMYUM
VeganYUMYUM

WOW!!!

5 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2012

I went here with 3 of my friends, and everyone LOVED their orders! Everything is packed with flavor. The interior doesn't have much space to sit and hang out (just 8-10 seats against a bar).

The only bad part was the milkshake...it was melted and just tasted like old chocolate milk. Don't let this stop you from going here though! The entrees are to die for!!!

Pros: flavor!, price, cute atmosphere
Cons: limited seating, milkshakes are "meh"

Dear Owner and Manager of Blossom Du Jour - Midtown: