All Saints Cafe

All Saints Cafe became all vegetarian since October 2007. It's a coffee shop that also serves light vegan meals including vegan mac n cheese, burrito, hummus with pita bread, baked tofu sandwich, and pesto pasta. Has both vegan and non vegan desserts. Soymilk available for coffee drinks. Free wi-fi access. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out

First Review by veeguns
Gabrielle850
Gabrielle850

Good in a pinch

3 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2014

Generally a good place to study. They used to be the only available late-night vegan in the neighborhood. Since they are open 24-hours, they are always a safe bet for a bite in the district. Their brewed coffee is always scalding, so be careful and don't rush into the cup. I personally don't care for the vegan mac & cheese (it's a Parmesan-type, not an orange-cheesy type). The portions are large and filling.

Pros: Open 24-hours, Food always available, Large tables
Cons: Scalding brewed coffee, Bland mac & cheese
2067739
2067739

Groovy place with vegan fare

4 Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

Very laid back college-esque hippy vibe provides the backdrop for some unique vegan dishes at this 24 hour coffee bistro. We are always drawn to vegan Mac n Cheese, and with red bell peppers to boot, their recipe was very yummy. The Mexican Drill soup was savory and spicy, which we creatively dipped our broco-pita into for added fun. Topped off with a vegan cookie and vegan lattè, it was a great end to a night out!

Pros: yummy, price, friendly
Cons: parking
PPoison
PPoison

I love them

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2011

I love their coffee and all their food is vegan, yes! The burritos are amazing and I really haven't tried any other food because if I see that they have Burritos that is what I get, ha!

Pros: vegan, friendly, good prices
abrah
abrah

Dying of Thirst

2 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2010

So, I am sitting at All Saints as I type this and I have to agree with most of the reviews that I've read thus far. This is maybe my third time here and every time I'm here, I get the "I am too cool for you" vibe from the baristas that goes beyond the usual barista arrogance. The young hipster man behind the counter, although thankfully not sporting a greasy mustache, had an abject look and a seemingly blank or too cool for you personality. I had not realized that it was cool to dress like Jason Priestly from 90210 again. But, that's cool. Apparently, it's even too cool for me and I am DAMN cool. Whatever. So, I wanted a piece of cake but they only had red velvet and I know that the red from the velvet didn't come from beets. I wonder if their food coloring is vegan. I thought about getting their chickpea curry masala but I just figured that it would leave me longing for incredible chickpea curry made with friends over a few bottles of wine.

Anyway, since I was only getting a cafe americano, I paid cash. I only had change. Cafe Depresso or Jason Priestly behind the counter seemed pretty turned off by me and my quarters. I saw a stack of styrofoam cups and let him know that I'd be drinking in. He gave me my cafe americano in a styrofoam cup, no lid. I asked why he didn't give me a MUG and he explained that he just always served in the styro. I then asked for a water cup and he told me that it would be $. 50. For the water or for the cup? Wait a minute! I just wanted a mug full of coffee and a glass of water from the sink.

I will assume that Cafe Depresso was just tired from being up all night writing poetry or listening to a friend going through crisis. Maybe he's worked three shifts in a row and is still short on rent.

The charm of an "indy" coffee shop. I have to disagree with one of the reviews that I read on the charm of an independent coffee house being more in the personal touch that it put into every facet of your experience. The hand of the artist or creator if you will in the comfort and satisfaction of your visit. It is not in leaving you dehyrated and feeling like maybe you are just not cool enough for a college coffee house off of a major thoroughfare.

I think that they need to revamp their attitude and take pride in their customer service. Again, maybe I caught them on an off day. I've been to a lot of coffee shops in a lot of towns and their arrogance and lack of willingness to give me some water is lame.

Pros: Spacious, Cumin, Color
Cons: uncomfortable chairs, seriously rude baristas, pretty stars
RunVeg
RunVeg

Delicious black bean/sweet potato burrito

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2009

We were stuck in Perry, FL (awful!) for research, and we were DESPERATE for some vegan goods. I can only eat Subway for so long. So, we found All Saints Cafe and made the 45 minute drive. I don't know if the food is really that good, but after days without real sustenance, it was MANNA. I had the sweet potato/black bean burrito (YUM!), my boyfriend had the BBQ tofu, kale, and mashed potatoes. We both agreed that my homemade BBQ sauce was a little better, and the serving could have been a bit larger. However, both dishes were 5 bucks or under. For pre-made, refrigerated food, it was awesome. We bought 2 more of the burritos to take with us for lunch the next day. Also, we ended up buying 3 of the chocolate chip cookies--definitely the best vegan chocolate chip cookies that I've purchased from a store/restaurant! They are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and awesome. They also had vegan ice cream, but we were too full on cookies to try it.

We didn't have any of the coffee, however there were a ton of flavored syrups for coffee and Italian sodas. We both had tea.

We definitely didn't feel cool enough to hang out! We're from Indiana, and we were basking in the warm Florida weather with shorts and no jacket, and all the cool artsy kids were wearing more clothes than I wear in the 30 degree weather back home! :) Oh well, they let us have our dog with us outside at the table! It was a cool place, and the food was definitely better than anything I've seen in a coffee shop. I'd recommend it simply for the burrito.

Pros: delish burrito, outside seating, awesome cookie!
Cons: I'm not cool enough, smoking allowed in outside seating
TW
TW

Not so worth it

3 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2009

The food like mac n cheese and tofu wrap were just okay. The mac n cheese wasn't cheesey at all and had an overpowering herby taste. I also left it in the car, in a cooler, for 5 minutes and it stunk up the entire car. But... if you're having a vegan cookie craving this place has the BEST vegan chocolate chip cookies i've ever tried!!! So so good! crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, the cookies saved the review. The atmosphere is of "Too cool for you artsy students" so i felt like i wasn't cool enough to be there.

Pros: EXCELLENT COOKIES, Open 24/7, Live music
Cons: nasty food, icky food
gothicveggie2321
gothicveggie2321

Great Atmosphere, No-So-Stellar Coffee

3 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2008

I was just introduced to All Saints last week and bought a blended ice mocha. I loved the big room with the dark ceiling and stars and the area where bands could play, but wasn't thrilled with the coffee itself. It was more like a slushie than a blended coffee, and for some reason it tasted more like green tea than coffee.

Pros: interior
Cons: coffee
sarajillian
sarajillian

I like All Saints Cafe.

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2007

Good food, good atmosphere, always recommended.

Pros: open 24:7, vegan options, good music
Cons: the coffee is terrible, sometimes they don't have food
supervegan
supervegan

love this place

4 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2007

All Saints is a great place to hang out or study. Yeah, the baristas can be sassy, but that's part of the fun about an indie coffee shop. The employees are actually allowed to have personality instead of a "company image." Since they built a kitchen and started cooking all-vegan food, there is usually at least a couple different things to choose from. However, all of their food is prepackaged and there is not a cook on duty at all times. There are times when there is no food or very little to choose from, so keep that in mind. When they have vegan desserts, they're really good. Oh, and one of my favorite parts about All Saints: They don't charge extra for soymilk!

Pros: funky atmosphere, interesting people, fresh-roasted coffee
Cons: some desserts non-vegan
veeguns
veeguns

Average Joe

2 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2007

Okay, All Saints is ok. Vegan brownie pretty good, but hardly a restaurant. It is a coffee shop, and their coffee isn't that great. Their biggest selling point to me is their wireless internet, but believe me, it hardly works. Once a week I can actually use it, the rest of the time, it's down. When I asked an employee, he said they didn't really care if it worked or not. Too bad, because I do.

Pros: wifi
Cons: wifi
Guest

Now serving vegan dishes and desserts!

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2007

Often times All Saints is now stocked with a number of vegan dishes - vegan mac-n-cheese, lentils over brown rice, PB&J, hummus and hummus sandwiches, hot served soup of the day that's always vegan, etc. - not to mention they have the best vegan desserts in town!! Snickerdoodles, brownies, mocha frosting cupcakes, vegan rice crispie treats (that taste just like the omni equivalent), chocolate chip cookies, mint chocolate chip cookies, galore!!

Bring your laptop

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2007

Bring your laptop and get some work done. Free wireless connection inside. This place is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is basically a coffee shop with some vegetarian/vegan food options. I wrote a review about it at Tallahassee's vegan website www.talveg.com Dillon mail@talveg.com I give this restaurt 5 HappyCows (even though the drop down menu is only letting me choose 4 as the highest)

Pros: 24/7, liberal environment, Wi-Fi

Dear Owner and Manager of All Saints Cafe: