Acqua al 2

Serves meat, veg options available. Known for its assaggio di insalate (sample of salads). Call ahead to ask about the daily veg offerings. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by AlyssaMiller
Unaban
Unaban

Super place and lovely owners

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

In May we stayed in an apartment a few yards from the very lively and popular Acqua al 2, and although we only visited twice, I heartily recommend it to vegatarians and vegans. The owner Valentino understands veganism and is very accommodating. He and his business partner also own "The Diner", a haunt for students just round the corner that serves a vegan burger and will set up a vegan breakfast to order. We also enjoyed having them as neighbours.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 19, 2013

Pros: Lovely people, Excellent vegan food, Good atmosphere
Cons: Limited choice of vegan food
AlyssaMiller
AlyssaMiller

Good Food

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I wandered in without a reservation and it was fine, but maybe I was lucky.

None of my roommates are vegan or even vegetarians, so this was a compromise. It is a good place because they have meat options. They don't have a vegan menu, but they know what vegan is, and speak enough English to understand and customize a meal. I got some kind of corn salad that was really good and for dinner I have pasta with artichokes and olive oil. It was simple and good. It was a nice shift from pasta and tomato sauce. Any vegan meal will consist of pasta or rice with veggies.

I don't think I would eat there on my own, but if you need to make sure the place you go has good options, I would definitely recommend Acqua al 2. My roommates loved it and I was happy with my meal. It worked out very well.

Pros: vegan options
Cons: no real "vegan menu"

Dear Owner and Manager of Acqua al 2: