CLOSED: A Full Plate Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. American food with a Southern flare. 14 vegetarian sides including vegan mac and cheese, fried pickles, veggie burgers, and weekend brunch menu with vegetarian sausage biscuits with gravy, granola crusted vegan french toast. SHUT DOWN LATE DEC 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Southern, Non-veg

First Review by Liam Wilson
hfgkap
hfgkap

Nice, but wouldn't go out of my way to dine again

3 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2012

Went with my bff last week. It was a dreary freezing cold day and the restaurant didn't help shield us from it too much. However, the hostess was very warm and welcoming. Vegan mac and cheese was a bit dry for my liking, but worth a try. Tried fried pickles for the first time which were nice but the crust just kept falling off them. Veg reuben was really nicely done! I split it with my companion who had the veggie pulled "pork". Blech, reminded me of dog food. I would go again in the summer so I can have iced tea in their cute mason jars.

Pros: friendly staff, good size portions
Cons: cold temp
do
do

Full plate , full belly

4 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2010

I have been a faithful customer of.Full plate for several years .I started out vegetarian but 2 1/2 years ago became vegan .with the help of this restaurant I am able to go out on the weekends and have a delicious breakfast .the atmosphere of the restaurant is amazing . I turned a lot of my family and friends on to it as well . Love the food , love the owners ,love the help

Pros: Great portions, Great atmosphere, Vegan friendly
Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

Vegan Secret Spots on Liberties Walk

4 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2010

Nestled in an up-and-coming niche between Northern Liberties and Fishtown, a block off the Piazza at Liberties Walk lies A Full Plate. Breakfasty-brunchy meals are really where this place shines for vegans. In my opinion, they have the best tofu scramble dish in the whole city and the granola crusted french toast is pretty damn tasty too.
I've only had dinner there once and I was pleasantly surprised at how vegan friendly (and pretty healthy) our meal turned out to be.
Across the street is Home Slice and if I'm not mistaken there's some shared ownership or association with A Full Plate...(am I wrong?)...Anyway, Home Slice has some almond-cheese vegan pizza, and I think they may also have local vegan (coconut milk) ice cream by the pint.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: A Full Plate Cafe: