Information Provided by HappyCow's Vegetarian Guide (www.HappyCow.net):
Freezer Fruit Treats
Fresh tropical fruits of choice (recommended fruits papaya, mango, pineapple, and banana or plantain)
1 standard sized can of coconut milk (16 ounces or 1/2 kilogram)
Ice cube tray, popsicle tray, or other small containers
Popsicle sticks or chopsticks (cut chop sticks to desired length)
Notes: Use only fresh fruit and not canned or frozen fruit. Do not use coconut water, always use coconut milk (there's a difference!). A blender is recommended over a food processor since the long, deep shape of a blend will make the resulting liquid easier to pour and give you better control over the consistency of the mixture.
1. Peel, core and de-seed fresh fruit. Cut into chunks. Place fruit chunks into a blender.
2. Open can of coconut milk and add to blender contents.
3. Turn on to "chop" initially, and then when mostly chopped, remove lid and stir the liquid to redistribute any remaining chunks. You can use "puree" setting to eliminate any remaining small chunks, or leave a few – your preference.
4. Once desired liquid consistency has been achieved, pour liquid out into freezing tray or containers.
5. Place into freezer, and when liquid begins to set, insert sticks. Allow to fully freeze.
Serve after fully frozen and enjoy!
Number Servings: 6
Time to prepare: 10 mins + freeze time
Recipe contributed by: Rooibos
HappyCow is a free site maintained by volunteers. If you appreciate the info provided, please consider making a contribution
(https://www.happycow.net/support) to help cover the costs of maintaining it. Thank you & happy eating.
SPREAD THE WORD - PLEASE LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU FOUND THIS ON HAPPYCOW!
All Contents Copyright © 1999-2018 HappyCow's Healthy Eating Guide. All rights reserved.