Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian-friendly take away with small sitting section, operating since 2008. Menu includes muesli, in-house-made jam on bread, vegetarian platter, chickpea burger, Loop St. is parallel to Long St. On the corner of Longmarket St near the Christian Barnard medical centre. Confirmed opened by owner, Jan 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by writeinCURSIVE
Marxist Vegan
Marxist Vegan

Be Careful...

3 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2010

After stumbling upon Lola's on Long Street I inquired about the vegan options on their menu. They recommended that I visit Zucchinis. The first time I couldn't find the place so I gave up. I tried again with a friend and finally managed to find it.

There wasn't a menu to order from. One has to choose from whatever is available. I titled my review "Be Careful..." for a reason. The woman who owns the place asked me if I considered butter vegan. Of course I do but she didn't. So some of the "vegan" options aren't really vegan at all since they contain butter. With this in mind there are some actual vegan options. I had some soup that was pretty good and my friend seemed to enjoy her food as well. Make sure you inquire about the ingredients to your food choice. Don't assume the "vegan" label is accurate.

Pros: Tasty, Take-out
Cons: Location, "Vegan", Selection
Stevie
Stevie

Zucchinis, Cape Town

4 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2010

I hoovered into this place this afternoon. I asked what was vegan veggie and the very helpful lady directed to what would be available if it hadn't already sold out. Only option left for me was a rice and lentil salad served with pumpkin and humus. It was very nice and at 35 randies I felt it was good value.

The lady said that they also do vegan soups but not in the Summer. The copy of the menu I have been given advises that they also do deliveries.

I'm Looking forward to my next visit.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, Central, helpful service
writeinCURSIVE
writeinCURSIVE

Hidden secret

4 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2009

This place can be a little hard to spot if you're not looking for it. It's very small with only a few tables since they mostly do take away. On the counter are vegan and vegetarian pre-made sandwiches (with hummus, avo, etc.) as well as other treats like vegan chocolate oat bars and not-so vegan chickpea almond fudge (which my non-vegan friends said was to die for). They also have a refrigerated case with pre-made salads, curries, veggies and the like. They also carry smoothies and coffee with soy milk.

Dear Owner and Manager of Zucchini: