Thai-Cambodian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant making traditional Thai food along with Cambodian food. While the menu is meat-based, one can ask for tofu and to leave out eggs. Does not use fish sauce or meat-broth (except in the coconut soup). Will substitute coconut milk for cream in the Thai iced tea/coffee. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Thai, Cambodian, Asian, Take-out, Non-veg
235 S Michigan St (downtown)
South Bend, Indiana 46601

nardanddee
nardanddee

once is enough

2 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

I hate to say anything negative about a place offering veg options. However, I will not return here. My waiter told me that if there is fish sauce or broth in the stir-fry sauce, that's the only way it comes. When he returned he told me not to worry because it doesn't contain those ingredients. The waitress told the table behind me that everything is made to order so they could have a dish any way they like it. So, I'm not too convinced they are vegan-friendly. I even tried to get the Thai iced tea with a dairy-free alternative and was told that I couldn't. My waiter did bring me plain tea, though. Both my appetizer and entree came out at the same time. Both were full of salt and grease. The tea was ├╝ber sweet. I was able to dilute the tea with my water, though. Between my food and beverage, I wouldn't be surprised if I've developed type II diabetes/atherosclerosis/hypertension. Needless to say, I won't be back.

Pros: plenty of street parking
Cons: greasy, salty food
kaduhacissej
kaduhacissej

Yum

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2012

When I lived in South Bend, I went here as often as possible. I crave their veggie egg rolls all the time, even though now I would opt for their spring rolls. Panang Curry is delicious, as was mixed veggies (?) with tofu. I got hooked on ordering the mixed veggies, so I haven't had much else. Super tiny place with limited seating, and I think a husband and wife run the place. He serves, she cooks. As it says above, you select the protein for every entree, so you can have tofu in anything. Need to visit again soon!

Pros: Tofu option for everything, Egg rolls, Delicious
Cons: Tiny, limited seating
alsoens
alsoens

This place is great!

4 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2010

I go here once a week for the awesome vegetarian potstickers and the fresh Thai spring rolls. We also get the red curry tofu, the coconut milk sauce is addictive. The pad thai and drunken noodles are also tasty (ask for no egg if you are vegan like me). Everything I have tried I have liked.
The staff is friendly, helpful and fun though not plentiful, so it can get busy inside.
I try to get everyone I know to eat here. Once again, I love this food! Order the red curry tofu (mild, unless you really like hot, the medium is hot and the hot is extra hot)and the veggie potstickers.

Pros: yummy, healthy, good portions
Cons: cant get the food on sundays

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai-Cambodian Restaurant: