Serves meat, veg options available. Take-out pizza parlor offering vegan pizza and sandwiches with vegan cheese, mopur (a kind of seitan), and veggies. Sandwiches are also made with whole wheat. If the vegan pizza is not on display, you can expressly ask for it and they will make it. Sandwiches are made in the morning, so it is easier to find a larger choice at lunchtime rather than at dinnertime. Maybe difficult to find. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon 11:30am-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm

First Review by MusicalVeggie
midorigreen
midorigreen

So good I went back twice

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2016

Good pizza, reasonably priced and cooked to order. Menu clearly marked vegan and staff friendly. I have some great memories of sitting in the Square along from the shop eating huge slices of delicious pizza and watching gondalas go by

Toutoon07
Toutoon07

love sandwich!

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2015

small but crowdy!! no store-name outside but we found it easily. They have posters from "le routard" (famous french guide book, as lonelyplanet) everywhere, that's a good sign..! A lot of choice for veggie/vegan very well indicated. Busy but friendly staff, and the food was really good and tasty!

Ffion89
Ffion89

Perfect take-away for vegans

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2015

This place is a great find for any vegan, especially those who are visiting with meat-eaters.

I visited this place with my boyfriend during a short stay in Venice. It was busy when we arrived, and I could clearly see lots of options marked as 'Vegan' or 'Vegane'. There were also lots of options for my boyfriend who is a meat-eater but allergic to tomatoes, which can be difficult in Italy. We bought a sandwich each to take-away (costing only €6 for both!) and enjoyed them in the nearby square next to a canal. They were delicious, and the vegan cheese was really nice, however there were also options without vegan cheese which is good.

We liked it so much we went back the next day before heading to the airport and bought two each (one for the journey).

I would advise visiting L'Angelo's for early lunch, as that's when they have the most variety of vegan options available.

There is also another café at the other end of the street (on the corner of Campo San Angelo) which advertises a vegan sandwich. I didn't try it out, and the café didn't have a name on the front, but may be worth a visit!

Pros: Great value, Good quality food, Excellent variety
Cons: Small portions, Crowded, Served in a doner kebab bag!

jeremyroberts
jeremyroberts

Nice people, good food

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2015

Went in the afternoon, there were maybe 5 options to choose from. Maybe they cook all their veg options early and could run out. Fun vibe and nice people working counter and kitchen. They all seemed to understand what "veg" means, including the "Vegan Friendly" sticker on the door.

Sassburger
Sassburger

Perfect Vegan Cheese

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2015

Cute little pizza shop, friendly staff, quick service, I asked for a vegan margherita with basil, it was fresh and the rice mozzarella is the best fake cheese I've ever had. The base was also wholemeal which was a bonus for me. Cheap as well.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Efficent
Cons: Not 100% Vegan
ktvowles
ktvowles

Vegan cheese in Venice!!!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2015

Located down a little street - and easy to miss due to no signage - Pizzeria L'Angelo was an amazing place to discover in Venice. The staff were polite and happy to help in English - there were some things she couldn't translate but she was more than polite about it - and the prices are very reasonable. There were 5 or 6 choices of vegan wrap/sandwich - all very clearly labelled vegan - and they heat them up for you. There will be a lot more choice if you go earlier in the day. I tried the pumpkin and walnut, and also vegan mozzarella with spinach and vegetables. Very interesting combinations and all delicious, my non-vegan boyfriend even chose the vegan options over the vegetarian. We went back twice because it was so good and cheap. Around €4 for a wrap and cheap drinks too. Definitely recommend to everyone.

Pros: Delicious food, Vast choice, Helpful staff
Cons: Serves meat on display, Little hard to find if you don't know what you're
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

quick and inexpensive

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2015

This was our best find in Venice. There's three vegan pizzas to choose from which come with a rice milk based mozzarella. The first time we got sausage and mushroom and the second time a spinach and olive. We also added a different vegan sandwich each time. The sandwiches were behind the glass and marked. They were heated up when we ordered them. The pizza came out very quickly and only seven euro for a normal size. Each time we had dinner, it was only 15 euros for the both us with a pizza, sandwich and two drinks. The lady behind the counter was very efficient, but didn't talk much. We took our stuff to go back to our hotel's courtyard and were grateful for a good filling inexpensive meal in Venice.

Pros: quick and inexpensive, vegan cheese on pizza
Cons: serves meat and dairy
nerissawvh
nerissawvh

Delicious, quick, and inexpensive!

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

This hole-in-the-wall is located on a relatively busy commercial street so it is not really hard to find. There was a line but it went quickly, and they made our vegan pizza to order in 10 minutes! The premade sandwiches are also really delicious! Their fake cheese is made from rice and does not have an aftertaste--very good. There is nowhere to sit, but we took the pizza to the plaza and ate there. Fed the whole family of four for 20 euros, which in Venice is a bargain. Gelato stand with two fruit sorbets right next door to this place. Located very close to Piazza San Marco, 5 min walk.

Pros: fast, cheap, yummy
Cons: nowhere to sit
MarkHelmy
MarkHelmy

Fantastic vegan pizza!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

This place is great. I've been in Italy looking for a decent vegan pizza (not just a pizza with cheese removed!) for 4 days. I had almost given up hope. That is until I came across this place on happy cow with the caption "might of closed down" I thought I'd go and have a look. I arrived and actually walked past at first. From the outside it's a very unassuming pizza/ kebab place. It wasn't until further inspection I saw they were selling a fine selection of clearly labeled vegan sandwiches. Then I looked at the pizza menu to discover 3 choices of vegan pizza. I asked the lady behind the counter who pointed to a poster and told me they use "mozzarisella" vegan mozzarella. I ordered one and when I tried it I couldn't believe how good it was. Fresh ingredients, good size and only €7 for a whole pizza. The only drawbacks were that they sold meat and had no seating. I would defiantly go back if I didn't have to catch a train

Pros: Friendly staff, Plenty of choice, Cheap!
Cons: They serve meat, No seating
MusicalVeggie
MusicalVeggie

Tasty food to go

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

This place is not to hard to find. It's on a pretty busy street but there is no storefront sign. So just be on the lookout for a display case full of goodies. When I went they had five different vegan sandwiches in the case. I was very hungry so I bought two. One had spinach, tomatoes and vegan mozzarella (all cooked and heated through). The other had carrots, green beans, spinach, tomato, and some sort of polenta type thing along with vegan mozzarella (also cooked). They were both on a focaccia type bread. Very filling so I ate one and saved the other for later xP. They were pretty tasty. A little under seasoned but nice to have something different. My mom who is not vegan got a slice of mushroom pizza and she said it was delicious. The place also seemed to offer a menu containing 3 different types of vegan pasta. They do not have seating. The two sandwiches, a drink, and a slice of pizza was only 10 euros :)

Pros: Lots of choices, Easy to eat on the go, Cheap!
Cons: No seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizzeria L'Angelo: