Peace Meal Burrito Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. A burrito bar that also offers vegan, vegetarian, and wheat-free. Salsas, sauces, and guacamole are made in house and vegan suitable. Previously an all vegetarian cooperative but no longer as reported Jan 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Mexican, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by veganmadre
veggiefox
veggiefox

afordable, decent food

3 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2011

While the place is not totally vegan, the woman at the counter had no trouble rattling off which items were vegan. I had the vegan sushi, and it was good stuff. At $4, it was a good value.

Pros: price, food
Cons: limited selection
veganmadre
veganmadre

Still Open?

3 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2011

If not traveling by foot, it would be easy to miss this place. Fortunately, I love traveling the peasant way. This restaurant is located in the coolest NM town. So glad we made it a priority to detour here. Also glad that I spent several hours down the block sipping coffee and daydreaming - had to work up an appetite. I managed to try a tasty little greek platter. I don't recall the food blowing me away but I did love the idea and shop set up. It inspired me. As with most restaurants, I left wishing all items were 100% vegan. What's so peaceful about dairy/eggs? Oh well. Still a worthwhile stop if in Silver City!

Pros: All Vegetarian, Small and Local, Healthy Food Choices
Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Peace Meal Burrito Bar: