Loving Hut - Jhongsiao East...

Name in Chinese 愛家國際連鎖餐飲, address 台北市忠孝東路3段6號. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Fast food, Take-out

kim2121
kim2121

Solid Choice for Vegans in the Neighborhood

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

I wouldn't call this place inexpensive. On my most recent visit, I paid 385 TWD for lunch, which was spaghetti with an alfredo sauce, a garden salad with caesar dressing, and wheat bread. For Taipei, that's at least moderately priced and some would call it expensive.

That being said, it was a nice meal. The interior was smart, the service was friendly, the music was well chosen. The meal felt like a treat. The alfredo sauce and caesar dressing weren't as creamy as one might like, but that's to be expected. It was a very satisfying meal, and I will definitely go back when I'm in the neighborhood and craving Western-style pasta.

The menu was in English and the server spoke some basic English. She was very friendly and eager to help. Also, the previous reviewer is correct in pointing out the map discrepancy. For an accurate map, check the official Loving Hut website, which can be viewed in English as well.

Pros: Tasty Vegan Food, Friendly Service, Nice Atmosphere
Cons: Price is a bit on the expensive side
macnothi
macnothi

Very friendly

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

I went there very late, officially they were already closed. But since I was hungry they offered the take away menu to me. I has a burger and fries. Saved my day... 洗洗换换

Pros: very friendly, English menu
Cons: rather expensive
katy3
katy3

Good food and great service

4 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

We love the Loving Hut chain in the United States, so had to try at least one in Taipei. This was the closest to our hotel, so we stopped by on the last day of our trip. This particular store serves international fusion food.

We tried the sesame pancake (appetizer), the pan fried dumplings, and the mushroom hot pot. I really liked the sesame pancake and the mushroom hot pot. On our way out, I saw that they had flan on display by the counter, so I inquired about it. The waitress said they were still working out the recipe and offered me one for free in exchange for my opinions! The flan had the right texture and taste. It was quite good. Hopefully they'll start offering it as a regular dessert in their US stores too.

It's too bad that we didn't get to visit more Loving Hut restaurants in Taipei. That'll have to be on our agenda the next time we come back!

Pros: Great service, Good food
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

very good

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

very good dessert (waffles and brownie).
Try the venecian pastas.
Very nice staff, english spoken and english menu, nice place, not so cheap

T2Veggie
T2Veggie

good location, good food

3 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

This location is an easy walk from the MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing (near Sogo) & hotels such as the Westin. They were nice enough to stay open for us to order past regular hours. Staff speaks little English but are very helpful. Menu has English. Decent Chinese food and good soy cocoa. The pin isn't exactly accurate as it is two streets back from Zhongxiao East Rd. on a one-way street. I'll post more pictures on TripAdvisor, hoping non veg will try it also.

Pros: good food, nice staff, very clean
Cons: parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Jhongsiao East Road: