CLOSED: Zum Lustigen Baumratterich

Weimarer Strasse 29 (at Kantstrasse), Berlin, Germany, 10625

Located in the heart of Charlottenburg at Karl-August market place Pestalozzistrasse/Weimarer Strasse. Offers many vegan choices. Uses seasonal ingredients that are locally farmed. Serves coffee, teas, sodas, in addition to desserts, soups, entrees and more. MAR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by wildfang

Not a restaurant anymore! - Edit

Our hotel was not far from here, so we thought we'd check it out for lunch. We walked in, and the woman asked if we had an appointment. Apparently now it is a massage/physiotherapy place(or something like that, I was too hungry to pay attention) that also strangely has cookies in jars. They need to update their window stickers because it still says that they serve vegetarian stuff, although they thought it was strange that we'd go there for food. ah well.

Cons: not a place to eat, how do I even rate this?

Good Food In A Nice Calm Location - Edit

Today's dish of the day was Minestrone with Mediterranean vegetables, different kinds of beans and mushrooms, sprinkled with a soy-based cream. Simple and delicious, just what I like!
I sat outside overlooking a small city square with a church and enjoyed the Moment with a delicious piece of Schwedentorte (non-vegan) and Home-made Chai.
This place is not for fine dining, but perfect for a lunch or coffee break.

very tasty - Edit

Here is a nice and welcoming small café in the heart of charlottenburg. I usually go to the farmers market on wednesdays and have my lunch at the "Baumratterich". The coffee is very good and for lunch you get to pick from a list of fresh made appetizers like paninis and wraps to a (I think daily?) changing main dish.
Usually they have soup which so far has always been vegan and very yummy and other hot meals mostly indian.
I have only had cake there once before because I am usually too full after lunch, but the cakes are housemade and I found my organic "bienenstich" one of the best I have ever eaten before.
The owner is also very nice and always up for a chat.

fresh place for nice food in charlottenburg - Edit

Today I ate and spend some time in that lovely small veggie bistro with a name you should ask for again and again, it sounds really funny. I def. liked the food, fresh and prepared with love. The home made cakes and cookies are - I'm not joking ... made by grand Ma herself :-)
The baristo comes from CA USA steamed a perfectly hot slowly roasted bio coffee which was served in a beautiful old cup. I also liked the music and the 'yogic' atmosphere. Next time I maybe want to get a massage, which they offer in two rooms in the back. I think the owners organize the berlin yogafestival which is supposed to be the biggest yoga event in europe

Pros: fresh veggie & vegan food, nice music, yoga shop, grand Ma's cakes

Cons: serve dinner, open omm sundays

What's a Baumratterich? - Edit

Oh, this is such a nice place with the funniest name in the whole of Berlin.
The owner is a friendly guy with a sweet accent in German ;-)
When we went there, there was a veggie curry (very tasty) and some soup (can't remember what kind), both vegan, and some little vegan snacks such as the Knusperstangen you get at organic shops around Berlin. There also was vegan cake but I didn't try it. I did try the vegan mango lassi which really tasted of mango and not just sweet like many mango lassis at other places do. Very reasonable prices they had as well. I'm glad there's such a place in Charlottenburg now, too - slowly but steadily things are changing even in this part of Berlin.

Pros: tasty food, friendly people and nice atmosphere, good value

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Zum Lustigen Baumratterich closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.