Zula Vegetarian Paradise

Contact 732723

Jl Dhyana Pura 5, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia,

Established in 2003, this vegetarian restaurant and health food shop is part of the Down to Earth company. Offers an international cuisines vegan food menu. A few of the baked goods might contain honey - vegans to inquire. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Juice bar, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by Dena

great atmosphere, fresh, healthy food - Edit

Overall a great dining experience! The service staff were extremely helpful and friendly – as my family and I do not consume onion & garlic – the staff carefully pointed out which we can/cannot consume, allowing us to not feel handicapped while looking through the menu. However, I would like to point out how the diner is a vegan restaurant and not necessarily vegetarian as they do not serve eggs and diary products, and do instead serve onion and garlic options.

Mi Paraíso Orgánico- Vegetariano! - Edit

Después de probar 4 sitios Veganos muy ricos todos, me quedo con este lugar. Realmente me conquista por su carta variada, la presentación de sus platos , el precio y el ambiente. Lo tiene todo y por eso voy cada día de la semana k paso en Seminyak y voy mínimo dos veces al día. He probado muchos platos de la carta y todos son llenos de sabor y color.
Muy recomendable.

Pros: precio, variedad, calidad

Same as Earth Café & Market - Edit

This is just another location of Earth Café & Market on Laksamana. No need to visit both, though I liked it there more simply because the space is bigger and felt less cramped. Menu more or less the same, food just as good, generous portions although not cheap by local standards.

Pros: good food

Big food variety - Edit

We love the meals in all restaurants from the Down to Earth group. Big variety and especially good when you don't want to eat raw vegan and/or indonesian.
The sandwiches are fantastic we love the burrito and don't miss out on the planet platter and the mediterranean platter, which are both fantastic.

Pros: mainly vegan dishes, very tasty, you can buy essential vegan stuff in the shop like

Cons: quite expensive, it's a pity that in the shop they sell animal prod, they charge you for plain water

Only go here for the mediterranian platter! - Edit

Resturant/shop trying to be fresh but only feels stale. Ate here afew times and must stay it's very overrated! Falafel with all the sides was good but expensive! Other food was bland to bad and we were only two people but still couldn't get our food served at the same time but only after one had finished... Would have scored lower if not for the falafel cause the strawberry pie was FAUL, VEIL AND HORRIBLE. ALSO SELLS FISH OIL AND SHARK OIL! hardly vegetarian....

Pros: falafel

Cons: Expensive, bad service, (very) bad food

Nice Place to Visit - Edit

This is exactly the same shop as Earth Shop down the street. Same merchandise, same foods, same everything. Just two different locations. Absolutely no reason to visit both.

Definitely more convenient for residents or guests with the means/desire to prepare food. Most of the goods are ingredients, but they do have a few snack-type items. A lot of trendy pseudo-science wares (essential oils, homeopathy, 'essences', etc.), but all in all a decent stop.

Great burgers - Edit

Came here in May 2015 and had two vegan burgers (veggie burger and chickpea burger) which sweet potato fries. Both burgers were really tasty and filled to the brim with delicious sauces. Highly recommended.

Also had a vegan brownie too, which was good. Very nice to get a non-raw vegan dessert here.

Health food shop great for picking up gifts and cards.

Pros: Great burgers, Nice ambience, Good health food shop

health food oasis in busy bali - Edit

Zula is a vegan's paradise. Highly recommend the dragon bowl, chocolate mousse cake and falafel wrap. They also have smoothies with cashew milk - a rare treat. It's higher on the price end than most places in bali but totally worth it.

So many choices and great food - Edit

As part of our VegVoyages trip we had a vegan group dinner at Zulu which was amazing. At the end of our 14 day trip several of us returned to Zulu for dinner and a late breakfast/early lunch before leaving Bali. The Jerusalem mix as a burrito was absolutely delicious. The mango lassi was so tasty. The regular burrito was very good also. The iced coffee is so good. We were so full, we couldn't have dessert on our second and third visit, but during our group dinner we had an amazing cheesecake. Definitely worth a visit when in Sanur!

Pros: really tasty food, clean and tidy, great desserts and iced coffee

lots of choices - Edit

We went to Zula's both as a VegVoyages tour group and a couple of times independently with only a few people as it was close to our hotel. The menu offers a wide variety of choices from Western to Eastern, breakfast to dinner. As a group, we got spring rolls, papaya salad, a tempeh rice plate, and cheesecake. Independently, we got the Jamaican seitan mix wrap, seitan schnitzel, tempeh tuna pita, burrito and much more. For drinks, a couple of us got the cashew milk mango lassi...yum! And most importantly, they make a fantastic iced coffee. Just wish more of the desserts were vegan. And the upstairs is cool with multiple fans.

Pros: lots of menu choices, good drinks, clean and friendly

Your the best, around! - Edit

OMG. My boyfriend and I walked past this place by accident on our first day in Seminyak. We decided to pop in for a juice. Then we decided to pop in for lunch. Then dinner. Then about 10 times after that. It is amazing. We are both vegan and were in heaven. The menu is so so big that it is impossible to choose. Everything we had was delicious. There is another store in this 'Down to Earth' chain further north in Seminyak called 'Earth' and one in Ubud called 'Down to Earth'. All super super delicious and yummy. My only criticism is that they use honey in a lot of their desserts, but so do other 'vegan' cafes in Bali. It is simply amazing we loved it. Super tasty and super healthy! Go there!

Pros: delicious, wide range, everything

Cons: use of honey, maybe desserts could be a bit better i, wish it was in adelaide

A Vegetarian's Dream! - Edit

See my full review here: http://www.recipris.com/2013/09/22/zula-vegetarian-paradise/

The food was tasteful, healthy, and made using pure, organic ingredients. The food didn’t feel heavy at all, which I love since we had a massage scheduled shortly afterwards. Even though the restaurant is called a “vegetarian paradise”, I am pretty sure it’s a vegan restaurant. My reasoning? They used soy milk instead of regular and tofu cream cheese instead of ordinary cream cheese. No complaints here! [Follow link above to see pictures and read entire review]

Great Place - Edit

A fantastic, cool setting to get out of the heat. So many well priced, well portioned tasty options. I have tried a lot on the menu during my couple of visits to Seminyak and no disappointments. The Middle Eastern Options are excellent. It is fortunate that they have a sister restaurant in Ubud also.

a must try! - Edit

I went to this place like twice a day when I stayed in Seminyak.. mostly for the healthy drinks like the lemon-aloe vera-ginger mix or other veggie juices. Refreshing!!
I also tried the lentil soup and gluten free samosas which also tasted good. They have extensive desserts and some gluten free bread... the chocolate cupcake with choco filling was kinda weird and heavy to me, maybe because it used raw choco + avocado. The zucchini pumpkin cake was really good I regretted I didn't buy more before I left Seminyak.
I bought Nuteresa dark chocolate spread, but it's not really good. I expected rich kind of bittee chocolate flavour, but I guess they put too much palm sugar in it. Need to improve the recipe..
All in all, I felt like in paradise when I found this reataurant due to some diet restrictions I have (no gluten/dairy, etc.).

Pros: Healthy, gluten free, dairy free options, extensive choice of menu, Nice ambience

Cons: Quite pricey, Waiters need training on product knowledge

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zula Vegetarian Paradise closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.