CLOSED: Zudaka Restaurant

• Vegetarian

Contact 303-442-2717

4457 N Broadway St (at Violet Ave), Boulder, Colorado, USA, 80304

A vegetarian Latin restaurant where the protein offered is veggie protein based. Small sandwiches, Arepas salads, bowls, yucca, fried plantians, pasta and more. Most items are vegan or can be made vegan with vegan cheese, butter, or soy/rice/almond milk. Has Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, South American, Latin

First Review by Munchi-chi

Lovely homey place~ - Edit

My family and I have eaten here several times and had great experiences every time. The food is affordable, super yummy, lots of vegan options, and the service is above average. It's a small place but very homey feeling and the owner regularly promotes that feeling and will talk about her heritage and food. Highly recommend, and the homemade chai-like tea is awesome - go try it!

Pros: Yummy, Very friendly, good service, Affordable

Cons: Sometimes desserts are unavailable

Delicious Fare that works for GF Vegans - Edit

I tried Zudaka today for lunch and was very taken by the pleasant demeanor of my hostess, whom I guessed to be one of the owners. She told me that she wanted me to feel at home at Zudaka and that is how I felt! All of the meats are "meatless", and all of the dishes are vegetarian which can be veganized. I ordered the hallaquitas, (Venezuelan tamales) veganized. They were delicious, and came with a freshly made chili sauce that added the perfect touch.

I follow a gluten-free diet, and am amazed that there were so many gluten-free options on the menu. It is difficult for people who avoid wheat/gluten to find vegan food while dining out. This restaurant hits all of the right notes: Great food at a good price, generous portions, friendly atmosphere, and attentive service.

Pros: excellent food, gluten-free, attentive service

Cons: zero, nada, zip

Delicious and Inexpensive! - Edit

Very cute atmosphere. I am from out of town, and I found this place listed here on happy cow, so I decided to try it. It was nice to talk to the owner, very friendly. The food was very good and resonably priced. I am very happy with my experience there. Good Vegan Options!

Pros: atmosphere, price, vegan

Cons: a little out of the way, portions are a little small.

Absolutely Wonderful! - Edit

We had to keep our eyes open to find it, but this little family run restaurant is absolutely worth the effort! Small & cozy, with oh-so-tasty Venezuelan & Columbian fare this place is truely a treasure! It is exactly this kinda of restaurant that make a community.

While the husband cooked, the wife filled us in on all the delicious items on the menu. She let us know what was traditional, what she grew up eating, & what her favorite things were. We picked several things to share (from appetizers to dessert) & everything was fantastic. If I had to recommend something I woud be hard-pressed to choose, but the tamales were incredible! If you're a local, Zudaka will become a favorite place. If you're just passing through - don't pass it up!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff & atmosphere, healthy cuisine

Wonderful Food - Edit

I found this restaurant to be very unique in menu and atmosphere. The location isn't easy to find, but well worth the effort. The food is very tasty. The co-owner served us and was very helpful in assisting us with the menu. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience and look forward to returning soon.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, freshly prepared

Home cooked Latin food - Edit

The owner Cristina is from Columbia and says she and her husband wanted to open a restaurant offering food they make at home, but they can't find anywhere else when they go out to eat. Home cooked vegetarian latin food! The flavors are outstanding. The sauces I tried with the yucca fries all were unique and delicious. Prices are extremely reasonable. Items on menu are denoted which are vegan, but just let them know you are vegan and you will be well taken care of. The rice pudding is now vegan too.

Pros: everything

Return to Boulder Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Zudaka Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 292 times since Jan 2011.