zpizza

Contact 415-995-5552

833 Mission St (at 5th St), San Francisco, California, USA, 94103

Serves meat, vegan options available. National brick-oven pizza chain offering vegan daiya cheese, vegan sausage and veggie meat crumbles. Vegan, gluten-free crust also available. Delivery available 7 days a week from 11am-2:30 and 5pm-close.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by veganamanda

OMG! - Edit

This would be 5 stars if i could. One of my favorite things when traveling is to find vegan pizza to try. This is by far the best I've had so far (up until now a place in Sarasota, FL had my vegan pizza loving heart). This is so reminiscent of what I remember in my pre-vegan pizza eating days.

Pros: Everything!

Cons: I wish they delivered to the hotels, but it's not

Tasty vegan pizza - Edit

Really enjoyed our vegan pizza from zpizza. We got the Berkeley Vegan, which was topped with onions, peppers, courgette, mushroom and Daiya cheese.

The staff were really friendly too :)

Pros: Vegan options

yummy! - Edit

visited a couple of times:

Berkeley Vegan pizza was very tasty - I was initially unsure about the "veggie burger" ingredient of the pizza but it was very nice.

Yuppie Veggie sandwich without the provolone cheese (thereby making it vegan) was delicious

Pros: all freshly made, reasonable prices, sit in or take-out

Cons: no vegan pizza by the slice

Yummy vegan pizza - Edit

This is the best vegan pizza I have had apart from my own home made pizza - the vegan cheese was good, there was plenty of toppings to choose from, and the toppings were generous.

Pros: friendly helpful staff, good beer

Cons: also serves non veg

A good late night option - Edit

We went here after going to SF MOMA, it was a sunday evening and we wanted something easy and close (that also had vegan options). It was a tiny bit tricky to find as the address is a public car park entrace but you should see a zpizza sign telling you to walk a few steps further. It's a small place with about 20 seats, the vegan options are really clearly marked on the menu and the server we had was very enthusiastic. To keep it simple we had the Berkley Vegan pizza, tomatoes, lots of veg, with fake cheese and vegan 'meat' crumbles. It was very nice - not the best vegan pizza (that belongs to Iain's in Chicago) but very decent. Tasted good and a good price.

Pros: vegan pizza as a 'standard' on the menu , other vegan options, good price

Delicious and wonderful - Edit

When I first started eating here, I hadn't been diagnosed with celiac disease. I loved their classic and whole wheat crusts because they're not greasy and are chewy but not painfully chewy. The tomato and marinara sauces are also delicious, and I'm a fan of the daiya cheese. (Some locations are a little heavier than others, but I prefer light cheese. SF gets it perfect.) The veggie burger crumbles are Gardein, and pretty tasty, too (try a veganized ZBQ with crumbles instead of meat!).

So then I was diagnosed with celiac disease, and I was very sad. But it turns out they've got a GF pizza crust that's also vegan (thank goodness!) and it's actually pretty good. It's definitely refined starches and not a lot of nutritional value, but just load up on the veggies, and you'll be fine. ;)

The management is wonderful, and the employees I've talked to are always kind and fun. They're quick at righting errors and have been amazing with our picky family and finicky pizza choices.

The ZBQ is one of our favorites, although without gluten that means no burger crumbles, but mushrooms are a pretty good substitutes. They've got a huge selection of toppings, and sauces too. The salads are fresh and amazing. They get fresh produce delivered 6 days a week!

I'm a super sensitive celiac and can't even go inside many bakeries or pizza places with airborne flour, but Zpizza has NEVER made me sick from gluten. They've made my GF transition less painful, and actually kind of fun. We order weekly and it's one of the highlights of our week.

Pros: big selection of veggie toppings, Daiya cheese, Super safe for celiacs

Cons: Only open till 9pm

Nice staff - Edit

I came in to try the vegan pizza. They don't sell it by the slice, so you have to buy a whole pizza, which is kind of a bummer when you are eating alone, but it wasn't too expensive. The staff was really helpful and nice and gave me suggestions for next time to make another pizza vegan. The pizza itself was blah, Daiya cheese with some not so great fake chicken. I don't think the food is worth going back for, but it wasn't the worst I've ever had either.

Pros: nice staff

Cons: have to buy whole pizza, non-creative

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has zpizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1814 times since Feb 2012.