CLOSED: zpizza

Contact 713-432-7219

4010 Bissonnet St (at Weslayan), Houston, Texas, USA, 77005

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of chain of pizzeria. Uses organic wheat dough and organic tomato sauce. Offers Daiya vegan cheese as well as boca crumbles for pizza. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by rvasquez

Fresh Yummy Pizza - Edit

Our continued summer vegan pilgrimage included zpizza. It is located very close to our house, but we never knew that they were a chain out of California that uses a lot of organic and fresh ingredients. Having been vegan for 6 months and recently allergic to tomatoes, I was really missing pizza. I was pleased with the friendly helpful staff. They made us a pizza with an olive oil and garlic base instead of marinara sauce and loaded it with yummy veggies - grilled onions, olives and mushrooms (3 different kinds), no cheese. They are very generous with the toppings and it was yummy!

Pros: Fresh & Organic, Helpful & Accommodating, Generous With Toppings

Cons: Don't Grill Onions Enough

really nice staff - Edit

I was located just outside of their delivery area - but they decided that they would deliver anyway. Staff was very kind. Pizza was good. I might eat here again.

Pros: fast delivery, friendly staff

Houston does not have any REAL vegan options for pizza currently. I mean, you can order pizza with no cheese and add your fav veggies, but Zpizza is the only establishment that actually offers DAIYA VEGAN CHEESE, which I will forever be grateful for.

But on the other hand, I'm not sure if I will be returning because I watched them prepare my vegan pizza and slice it with the same slicer they use for pork pepperoni and sauasge pizzas. Call me ocd, but I have a BIG problem with my vegan pizza being prepared so close to pork products.

When I inquired, they said that they wipe the blade before slicing into vegan pizzas, but would it really hurt to get a seperate blade for veggie pizzas?

Overall, if my options were super slim, and I could not eat a homecooked meal, I would go back if I were desperate for the closest thing to a vegan meal. The people are friendly, but the pork and meat products are too close for comfort to me.

For taste, I would give them four stars, especially since they are the only ones that currently sell vegan cheese pizza in Houston. (besides Whole Foods).

Pros: Daiya Vegan Cheese, Tasty, Friendly People

Cons: Shares blade with pork pizzas, Expensive

Awesome vegan pizza! - Edit

Love this place! The vegan pizza is great and piled high with quality ingredients. Diaya cheeze & vegan mock meat crumbles & veggies. The extra large is HUGE extremely affordable $. (I don't get why people say it's pricey?? I think it's cheap! The huge x-lrge vegan pizza is like $23) You can also get a tremendous vegan veggie calzone for like $5. You can also ask them to veganise other pizzas on the menu... the staff are great, greeting us by name when we walk in. Overall a great place!

Pros: affordable!!! , Organic , fresh, whole wheat crust, great, friendly staff

They use daiya cheese better than I can - Edit

Try the vegan one and it'll make you say, I can't believe it's not a vegan pizza! Melts perfectly well and tastes great, but of course it's extremely pricey. And it looks like the only vegan option on the entire menu.

Pros: Tasty, Atmosphere

Cons: Price, Limited options

Best vegan pizza in town! - Edit

When I discovered Zpizza in January this year, I was amazed at how delicious the Berkeley Vegan pizza could be! Plus, they use the Daiya vegan mozzarella "cheese". I hope more locations open up so I can get my vegan pizza fix. The Berkeley Vegan is topped with vegan "sausage" crumbles, zucchini, onion, tomato, olives and spices. YUMMY!

Pros: vegan pizza, vegan cheese, Best vegan pizza in Houston

Cons: not much seating

Vegan Pizza!!!! - Edit

Don't let the bad atmosphere fool you, this place is really good. They have one vegan pizza called the Berkley Vegan, which was great and piled high with veggies and boca crumbles. You can also request the vegan cheese on their other pizzas, so I'm looking forward to trying the other varieties. I also had an arugula salad that was amazing! It had fresh arugula, carmelized onions, candied walnuts and cucumber (I asked for no parmesean). Definitely the best salad I've had in a really long time. My only complaint about this place is that it's a bit pricey, but considering how big my pizza was and how much stuff was actually on it, I think that it's totally worth it. And really, where else in Houston are you going to get vegan pizza?

Pros: Great pizza, Great salad

Cons: Bit pricey

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: zpizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1620 times since Apr 2010.