Zombie Bar

Contact 915219678

Calle del Pez 7 (at Esquina calle Madera), Madrid, Spain, 28004

Serves meat, vegan options available. An alternative burger restaurant frequented by a young crowd. Offers typical hamburgers but also three vegan meals on the menu. For lunch there's a daily vegan menu comprising two starters and two main courses. No lunch Mondays. Kitchen is open 12:30-16:00, 20:00-00:00. Open Mon 12:00am-2:00am, Mon 2:00pm-12:00am, Tue 12:00am-4:00am, Tue-Sun 11:30am-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Fer

Good Food, Uncomfortable Service - Edit

Had "the manhattan" with the soy patty, which was completely delicous and absolutely huge. I can't really fault the meal except to say I would have preffered a great chip to burger ratio, but only because the burger was huge :)

However, I went in for a meal by myself and am not sure the staff were that pleased to have me. I was told I could sit anywhere, but upon trying to sit at two different tables, was directed to the one right in the middle with one chair. I was fine but I think some people might've been a little uncomfortable with this treatment. Then again maybe not.

Pros: thickest vegan burger in madrid

Cons: slightly strange service

Great place to hang out with friends - Edit

Nice, geek place! As somebody said before, they have only one vegan hamburger in the menu, however you can ask for the rest with soy burger instead of meat. However you would have to ask to not to put you cheese and some non vegan ingredients such as bacon. They serves fresh juices too.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-11 00:11:46

Pros: Comic style, Vegan burger and starters, Affordable

Cons: Nothing

Amazin vegan burger: 'La Vegana' - Edit

Cool bar/restaurant in Malasaña whose vegan burger 'La vegana' has been recently ranked as the sencond best vegan burger all over Madrid by a vegan blogger/chef(*). Well I've tried quite a few so far and must admit I agree with her -or maybe not, because I'd even say it's the most delicious and tasty of them all. It's really big, the bread is delicious too, and comes with potato wedges aside. In addition to 'La vegana' burger, you can have any of the other burgers with the vegan patty, however in this case some of the garnishes may not be vegan (cheese, egg for battering, etc.) or even vegetarian. We also shared a couple of starters: hummus and guacamole which came in really large quantities, enough for 4 people. Definitely a very good place to go with carnists and enjoy an excellent vegan choice.

(*) check http://www.traveler.es/viajes/placeres/articulos/las-mejores-hamburguesas-veganas-de-madrid/7600

Pros: tasty, delicious vegan burger, starters

Cons: moderate prices

Great food, friendly staff, slow service - Edit

I've been here twice. Both times it has been really slow service but to be fair the place has been kind of busy both times as well. The vegan burger tastes great! If I remember the menu correct it doesn't say that "any burger can be made vegan" as some have mentioned. It only says that "any burger can be served with the veggie patty" (all other ingredients the same).

Pros: Great food, Not too expensive, Friendly staff

Cons: Slow service

Great burger, questionable ingredients - Edit

So it is possible to order any burger vegan, but I don't think all of the ingredients on all of the burgers are vegan. I got a burger with onion rings on it (I think it was called the Manhattan), it was really good but they served it with a non-vegan sauce on the side because thats what the non-vegan burger comes with, which leads me to believe the only vegan thing on the burger was the vegan patty. Like it's possible in my opinion that the onion ring coating had egg or milk in it and they just used a vegan burger, but this is just speculation.

They also have a bun made with squid ink which could be made vegan, I didn't order it so I don't know if thats the bun they would have served it on but it makes me question the ingredients.

Pros: delicious , quick service, fun environment

Cons: questionable ingredients, expensive

hip bar with great cuisine - Edit

This bar is very hip and cool, located in the are of Malasaña.
They offer burgers and on the menu is a vegan hamburger! Furthermore they offer the option to veganize the other burgers as well.
Burgers taste great and the staff is cool and caring.
Nice place to go as a vegan, also with friends that are not veggies.

Pros: tasty vegan burger, hip place

Cons: not cheap

Alternative bar - Edit

We can found here an alternative bar for young people where serves meat (mainly hamburger) but they can prepare any of them in vegan option. Also, the have an interesting daily menu full vegan: starter, main course and dessert with two option for each. Is not expensive. Good music. No for families and perfect for chatting in friendly company.

Pros: Cheap, Ambience, Vegan options

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zombie Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.