Zodiac - Die Andere Pizza

• Vegetarian
Contact 0201770012

Witteringstr. 43, Essen, Germany, 45130

Next door to its other restaurant, Zodiac Die andere Kuche, this one is small and mostly take-away with a few tables. Serves primarily pizza, lasagna, pasta. Located in the city center in an ordinary residential house that has been designed to look like a jungle with green plants and wooden accessories. For the interiors and the menu the owners have chosen zodiacs as a theme.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, International, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by xJediLadyx

A bit etno but great - Edit

Nice pizzas, they don't care for a closed and dishlist but pick wild a lot of of different dishes from around the world (India, China, Spanien, Frankreich), everything organic and vegetarian/vegan.
My favorite is the cancer pizza and the samosas, always a favourite place to eat there a month or so. Might be smart to do a reservation.

harmonious and delicious - Edit

I love visiting the Zodiac (restaurant) and the Small Zodiac (pizza only).
The owner is so friendly and calm, also the rest of the staff.
Most of the dishes can be veganised and its SO delicious.
I also love the atmosphere, it's calm and harmonious, plants everywhere.

Pros: vegan Pizza, calm and friendly staff, easy to get there

Cons: cash only

A rare restaurant - Edit

The evening before yesterday we ate in the Zodiac(the restaurant, the small shop is closed)and enjoyed it a lot. The food was very tasty, we are vegan and had some very good options. The atmosphere was very peacefull. Service-perfect The decoration so so special and most beautiful.We enjoyed every minute and will visit again when we go to Essen.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine(all organic), friendly staff

resturant closed, pizza really good - Edit

When I went there after a bad map and the head resturant was closed as it was Thursday, but the pizza place had everything possible as vegan and the pizza was awesome. Also the people where nice enough to point out there cola had honey so I probably did not want it.

Pros: vegan friendly, nice personel

Cons: small space

Excellent Food - Edit

I go to Essen every October for business and the first time I ate here several years ago, I got the pizza in the small shop. The next year we ate in the restaurant and the food is fabulous: delicious, tasty and extremely fresh. The owner is Persian and a very nice man. I eat here at least 2x each week I visit. I brought my meat loving German friends and they loved the food as well. One of the best vegetarian restaurants I've eaten at. And the ambience is quaint and warm.

Pros: healthy, excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: none

Organic & vegetarian Pizza at its best - Edit

"Der kleine Zodiac" is owned and run by the same family(?!) that owns and runs "Der große Zodiac" - 100% vegetarian & organic food! The food is excellent and the service is friendly and helpful.

Pros: Excellent food, Organic, Friendly staff

Cons: Very limited seating

Return to Essen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zodiac - Die Andere Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3312 times since Aug 2007.