First Review by A.Z.P.

Scrumptious! - Edit

I live in the neighborhood.
I eat here all of the time. One of my favorite places to go out to eat. The food is allays yummy. I have never been disappointed.
Only problem with them is they are not open for dinner :-(
My other favorites in Jerusalem, are the Village Green in the German Colony(better than center of town) and Te'anim in the Confederation house.

Pros: Oragnic, Tasty, Good menu options

Cons: Not Open For dinner, It is not free

If you'rein the neighborhood.... - Edit

Generally i love trying new vegetairan restaurants, but in this case i was honestly dissapointed. I actually walked out feeling that we should have gone for pizza instead, as we would have saved money and had a tastier lunch. We tried the "Morroccan Tajin" and the pasta with tomato and cheese and weren't very impressed. The good part of the Tajin was that it contained quality organic vegetables including shitake mushrooms, the bad part is those veggies were cooked to death and the sauce was flavorless. While the pasta was whole wheat, the sauce was not great and the whole dish was fairly bland. None the less it wasnt a bad experience as the place has some saving graces. The best part of the meal was the beginning where they gave us fresh delicious bread with dips including a tomatoey dip and Tahina and sprouts (they came complimentary with the main dishes). The health food store (which you can browse while waiting for you food) and the restaurant are both very health oriented. This is definitely not a place for your average non-vege. The price of the average dish was about 35 NIS which is a little less than the average in Israel, and the portions were fair, but we just didnt finish them as they werent particularly appetizing. While the service was pleasant, the quality of the food itself was slightly too low for me to recommend Zmora. What i would say is if you are in talpiot or gilo or staying somewhere near it (like "Ramat Rachel" or "Little House of Bakah") and you really crave to eat healthy then you can check it out, otherwise eat in... the food in your kitchens probably tastier.

Pros: Nice free appetizers, Healthy , Nice staff

Cons: Bland tasteless food

Return to Jerusalem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zmora Organi Restaurant and Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2702 times since Aug 2007.