Zizzi - Meadowhall

+44-1142516777

Level 2, The Oasis, Meadowhall, Sheffield, England, S9 1EP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant chain offering a separate vegan menu with starters, pasta, pizza with vegan cheese, and sorbet for dessert. Located in the Oasis dining court. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Meaks

Unreliable but tolerable - Edit

Tried to avoid since gf pasta meal came with a lump of chicken in it. I honestly think it's the kitchen staff having a laugh, each to their own. Safer to order pizza I suppose but vegan bolognaise nice. A poor cousin to the Sheffield branch however.

Pros: Vegan menu, Shopping centre option, Free parking

Cons: Can be unreliable, Examine food on arrival, Still sells meat dairy etc

My favourite place for pizza - Edit

I've been using Zizzi since before I was a vegan, I think their pizzas as one of the best I've tried for a mainstream restaurant.

When I became vegan and realised that they had options for me which included "cheese" I was ecstatic.

I'll be honest, I haven't tried anything beyond the pizza for mains. This is because I know how good they are so never want to eat anything else.

My regular order has become balsamic onions, fire roasted red peppers and roasted garlic on a Rustica base. I then love to drizzle it with their chilli oil.

The "cheese" isn't your typical cheese taste. It's very mild, like a super mild mozzarella without the stringiness. I actually really like it.

They also have vegan desserts which I've yet to try because I'm always stuffed from the pizza.

I can't recommend this place enough and it's perfect if you're wanting to go out with non-vegan friends.

Pros: Awesome Pizza, It's in Meadowhall, Vegan desserts

Excellent vegan options - Edit

lovely restaurant with a friendly feel. having a vegan menu is fantastic as you don't have to pick through the big menu to see what is suitable.

Vegan pizza - Edit

Great to have some vegan options at Zizzi's finally. Not extensive options but options all the same.

We opted for a Margarita and one with additional Spinach and Mushroom. As the previous reviewer, we also found the vegan cheese to be runny. It's like a white sauce really, doesn't taste particularly strongly either. We asked for the vegan cheese to be added to garlic bread although this is not an option on the menu and they were happy to accommodate this request.

Toppings are all an additional cost so this can add up fairly quickly. I'd like to see a mixture of created pizzas too rather than just plain Margarita and pay 80p per topping.

A couple of dessert options although we have yet to try these. There is also a gluten free pizza base available.

Won't be a regular place for me, prefer other options in Meadowhall personally. But great to see a big chain offering these choices.

Pros: Opening hours

Cons: Limited options, Vegan cheese a little runny and tasteless

Good new option - Edit

Great to see another chain restaurant adding a vegan menu. The garlic bread was ace but the branch couldn't do us bruschetta unless we waited for it to be made from scratch as the standard version wasn't suitable. Create your own pizza with vegan mozzarella is the main attraction although I find the cheese to be a bit runny and more like bechamel sauce. Prefer the Pianta at Pizza Express. Vegan desert was also available but didn't try it.

Pros: Vegan menu, Pizza with vegan cheese, Casual, friendly environment

Cons: It's in Meadowhall, Cheese has a bit of a 'thin' consistency, Pretty much just pizza or pasta

Return to Sheffield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zizzi - Meadowhall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.