Zizzi - Birstall

+44-1924474803

Birstall Retail Park, Leeds, England, WF17 9AD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian chain restaurant offering a separate vegan menu with starters like bruschetta, plus pasta and pizza with vegan cheese, and sorbet for dessert. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Hoggy

keeps getting better - Edit

Zizzis now offer a few different options for vegan pizza and they are really delicious. The options for starters and desserts are fantastic too.

Tailor Made! - Edit

Frequenting numerous vegan groups on Facebook, I always hear how amazing Zizzi’s is, and finally I got the opportunity to visit one on a trip to Yorkshire. Despite its location being the centre of a retail park, this restaurant really feels like you’re going out somewhere fancy, the interior is spacious, modern, interesting, clean, and the atmosphere was lovely.

The waiter was incredibly helpful, and went out of his way to ensure all of our meals were catered to perfectly. My mum ordered the vegan Green Goddess salad, with the pesto separate; my partner ordered the vegan rustica pizza, with added spinach, and I went and veganised the skinny ‘Primavera’ pizza, substituting the non-vegan options for cruelty free versions. Our meals arrived promptly, and exactly as we ordered despite us all tweaking the usual menu items! (they also came designated with vegan stickers, of course we had to wear our little tokens for the rest of the meal with pride, hahaha).

All of our meals were wolfed down, they were absolutely sensational. (My omni dad said it was the best lasagne he’d ever had, but that wasn’t vegan/veggie) Lovely portion sizes too, thankfully leaving just enough room for my partner and I to share the legendary vegan dessert calzone! I tend to avoid sugars, but there was no way I could leave without a taste of this!
When we ordered the waiter was sorry to announce that at their branch they no longer had the vegan option, however, he made sure we could still enjoy our little vegan treat by substituting the non-vegan items in the dish, making our own tailor made treat!

On a side note, my partner and mum weren’t too impressed with the coffee, but we’re thankful there were options to have soya milk (in tiny UHT servings, with black coffee). Maybe soon Zizzi’s will be offering more vegan coffee options.

The whole experience was absolutely fantastic, we felt really cared for, and giving the waiter a big tip, he seemed really taken back; the staff are just genuinely good people there in our experience.
I would certainly be happy to visit again. I’d say it’s a safe bet for meals out with people mixed dietary requirements, and as it’s a chain restaurant, you can know what to expect.

[addition] - I'd happily leave 5* review, but as a HappyCow rule, restaurants that are only Veggie Friendly can only receive the highest of 4* ratings.

Pros: Enthusiastic and helpful staff, Clear and dedicated Vegan menus, Really tasty vegan meals!

Cons: Coffee options poor

Return to Leeds Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zizzi - Birstall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.