1 London St, Basingstoke, England, RG21 7NT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian chain restaurant offering pizza, pasta, etc. Has a separate vegan menu with a number of choices of starter, mains, and desserts; has vegan cheese. Many wines are vegan. Large car park behind the restaurant on Southern Road.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by Cazwalsh

Amazing! - Edit

I have tried a few vegan options in Zizzi's and i loved them all!

My favorite is Rustica Primavera with vegan cheese and i loved their Sticky Chocolate and Praline Torte - even if i struggle to eat it all :)

Great and friendly staff +++

Pros: vegan menu, friendly stuff, tasty desserts

At last ! Vegan cheese on pizza and more than one vegan dessert - Edit

It is good to know that vegans can finally enjoy a vegan pizza with cheese on. Having said that, the rice-based cheese is not the best cheese I have ever eaten. But it is acceptable and tasty and at least you don't have to bring your own. My pizza didn't have much tomato sauce on and overall the taste was a little bland. However that could have been due to my choice of toppings. The crust was perfect. Thin with a good consistency.
I was pleased that there is a separate vegan menu and more than one vegan dessert. I chose the 3 flavours of gelato ices which had really good flavours and were cheaper than another local shop selling a similar offering. So that was a plus.
Also on the menu is a good range of specialist teas, some caffeine free. I would have liked to try the chocolate and mint caffeine-free tea but I was too full to eat or drink anything more. No problem because Zizzi's said they are happy for customers to come in and use it as a coffee shop without the obligation to buy food during less busy times. So I will be going back to sample that tea in the near future.

The ambiance in the restaurant is good and if you sit at the back of the restaurant in the area with the wonderful glass roof, it is light and airy. I visited during a quiet period, so I found the staff attentive and the restaurant quiet and relaxed. There was some low key music playing quietly in the background, which I felt added to the chilled atmosphere. It was probably much quieter than on a busy Friday or Saturday night though.
If you check out the Zizzi's website you can often find voucher codes there. I chose the 30% off main course running from Sun-Thurs during most of May. Overall a good experience.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, Vegan cheese and choice of vegan dessert, Friendly and attentive staff

Cons: Pizza a little bland - could be toppings

Return to Basingstoke Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zizzi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.