ZiZi's Take Out

• Friend
704-595-9170

7945 N Tryon St Unit 110 (at Gold Hill Pavilion), Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, 28262

Takeaway vegetarian food shop. Providing vegan American comfort foods like mock buffalo chicken cheese steak, soy rib tip wrap, chicken nuggets, tangy mango tofu, and teriyaki steak. Also salads, fruit smoothies, and desserts. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-8:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Delivery, Southern, Take-out only

First Review by jjamie79

Phenomenally AMAZING!!!! - Edit

Five Stars -no doubt! ?
This place is phenomenally amazing! Finally a vegan carry out and delivery service that tastes good... oh my gosh their food is so delicious! I am more than impressed with their customer service, how accommodating they are, and how friendly they are, on top of their food being superb. Their collard greens were on point, candied yams mouthwatering, balsamic mushrooms delightfully savory, and that teriyaki sauce on top of that vegetable stirfry.... oh my gosh you guys, I can't even explain to you how flavorful all of that was! now if you're already a vegetarian or vegan you already know that's a very expensive lifestyle, but for those who don't know, eating healthier is always going to be just a little bit more pricier than eating garbage -you get what you pay for, and trust me the quality of this food is ON POINT! You will be in love the very first time you try their food. I honestly feel they have fair prices compared to their quality of food. If I was a "baller" I would easily give them like $50 per meal, that's how good those dishes are. So try them out, so u too can experience such flavorful ecstasy! And I hope to stay in contact with them from all the way up in Northern Virginia ?

-also... I wish I had taken a picture of my food but that was the furthest thing from my mind because it smelled so good, all I wanted to do with devour it ....and I did, ecstatically! ?

Pros: Exceeded all expectations!, Delightfully satisfying harmony of flavors!, Delivery service!

Cons: I wish it was located in Woodbridge VA, I wish it was located in Fredericksburg VA , I wish it was located throughout DC, MD, & VA!

Something Special - Edit

Was traveling and had looked online the night before for a great vegan restaurant that I could just take and go in this area. I have to say that ZiZi's is such a treasure to Charlotte. The staff were so friendly, they had super prompt service, the food was outstanding, and overall it was an amazing experience. If you are in the area - it's a must for some great food!

Secret treasure! - Edit

Cute and cozy little Vegan take away in Charlotte, NC. I just spent the weekend with my Mother in NC and we ended up eating at Zizi's 3 out of 4 days while we were there! Friendly and helpful staff. The place is designed for take away, but there's still some chairs if you want to dine in (I believe only 6 chairs). They also have a large menu, which is fully vegan. Prices are around average and orders take around 10-15 minutes to complete. The mock meats are very good and pretty convincing (we had the Philly cheese steak and citrus rib tips). I had no faults in my orders and everything we did order was very good and of a good quality. I'll definitely be back next time I come to Charlotte, NC and I would dine there most days if I did live there!

Pros: Wide variety of good quality vegan food , Very good mock meats, Friendly staff

Cons: If you want to dine in there is limited space, but

Highly suggest pick-up only - Edit

I just recently dined in here with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed the food. We ordered the falafel appetizer with two entrees and were exactly what we needed. We both agreed this place served great food, but it was awkward from the moment we entered to the moment we left. The people who were running the shift today were not friendly at all nor did they seem to care of our presence as the only customers in their restaurant at the time. I honestly hope this changes if we decide to dine in this place again. Although, ordering take-out is probably the best option for this place.

Pros: excellent food, take-out, plenty of vegan options

Cons: bad vibes, unfriendly staff, does not serve tap water

Amazing Vegan Food! - Edit

Ate a Zizi's for the first time today and I am so glad I did. I ordered the Philly Cheese-steak. This sandwich was better than any meat based Philly Cheese-steak that I've ever eaten and I've eaten plenty back in my days of being a carnivore. The seasoning was amazing and the texture of the protein was perfect. For anyone who is or was a steak eater, picture the most tender, perfectly cooked, juiciest steak. That's exactly how the protein was prepared. And, it was on a delicious roll. Another great thing is that the chef does not use a processed fake cheese like Daiya on this sandwhich, which is a plus for me because I cant stand Daiya.

I finished the meal off which the homemade cherry cheesecake. Once again the chef nailed it! It was better than any other cheesecake I have ever eaten, vegan or not. From the texture and taste of the cheese filling to the crust, simply amazing!

If you have never eaten here, do yourself a favor and go! You wont be disappointed. This chef knows what he is doing and can prepare vegan food like you've never had!

I'll be returning soon. You can bet on it!

Pros: Vegan, Excellent flavor profiles, Pricing

Cons: None!!

excellent...!! Gotta go back soon! - Edit

found them through this website, My Gal and I tried them out and were absolutely knocked out at how good their food was! Meat amalgam sausage and pizza subs were well prepared and very, very filling! The faux chix nuggets were some of the absolute best I've had. We also tried one of their smoothies and it was not only fantastic, it was a filling and refreshing compliment to the rest of the food (we took it to a local park and ate like royalty!)

Counter server & cook were friendly and attentive, atmosphere is bright and welcoming and establishment is very clean. There is a small counter and outdoor table to wait or eat at, but generally the food is packaged and intended to be take away.

NOTE: ZiZi's does not offer fountain drinks (no doubt 'cuz they're terrible for you) but they do have several varieties of canned/bottled drinks, including flavoured waters and a few sodas.

Pros: excellent food and choices!, many completely vegan options available!, clean, friendly, fresh & fast!

Very Good - Edit

This is a very good little restaurant, but a little hard to find because it is tucked away in a complex. I got the lentil burger which was very good and my nonvegan mom got the portobello mushroom sub which she said was the best sub she's ever had. The people working there are very friendly. Food seems healthy, not too oily or salty. Nice atmosphere

Fantastic - Edit

Have eaten there several times, love the chicken salad sub.

Pros: Great food, Wonderful staff

Cons: Hard to find, can easily miss your turn, Need longer hours

Good - Edit

Pretty decent food. More on the comforting and indulgent did. Had to wait a very long time for it to open and then make our order. Picked up a few things in the mini grocery section. Liked most of what we got.

Pros: Rich food , Small grocery section

Cons: Long wait time

awesome! - Edit

Great vegan take out! Friendly staff, fresh and delicious food. My omnivore hubby even enjoyed the vegan philly cheese steak! Vegan or not, ZiZi's has a lots of yummy options so give it a try!

Cons: tricky to find

comfort food at its best - Edit

Awesome menu, well thought out, every thing you hope for when you are traveling. Hard to find, vegan food take out is the sign on the front - no name... Trust the GPS and ignore the hassle buzz, service was fine. Four seats indoors, two outside so you can eat there too.

Pros: deep comfort food menu. , deserts, fair price

Cons: there are not more like it!

ZiZi's - Edit

Grilled sandwiches tend toward the greasy side. Bowls are good. Numerous fake meat dishes but plenty that are not. Service can be slow - call ahead. I work in the area but seldom visit because it can be tough getting back to work on time even with a call-in. If I lived closer or time was not an issue, I would visit more often.

wasn't very good - Edit

The counter lady was pretty rude and seemed annoyed when I asked a question. The food wasn't great but looked good!

Great little spot!! - Edit

My husband & I were visiting family in NC and used Happy Cow to find a vegan spot. Zizi's was a great find!! The food was delicious and the staff was friendly. We will definitely be making this a regular stop anytime we are back in NC!!

Pros: great menu, delicious food , quick service

Simply Amazing! - Edit

Huge variety of choices. I ended up ordering a few days worth of food due to excitement. Everything exceeded my taste buds! I'm a new resident of Charlotte only 7 to 10 mins away. This place made it much more welcoming. Last, but not least the Customer service was spectacular. Thanks a lot!

Pros: Taste Great. Loved the Customer service. Convenien

Cons: N/A

Friendly, delicious food! - Edit

Great food, friendly staff. Very small, two small tables inside, no restroom. Fish sandwich was great and so big I could only eat half. I also enjoyed the cauliflower mash with gravy. Delicious! Chocolate cake was also a winner!

Cons: no bathroom

Best vegan food!!! - Edit

We drove from Greenville, SC to Charlotte to eat at a vegan restaurant, so glad we found this place!!! Such friendly people from the minute we walked in. Best vegan food by far!!! We are driving back next week just to eat there again, it's that good!!! Love it!!!

Pros: Best food, Great service, Best food

ZiZi's Take Out - Edit

Love their non-chcken sandwiches. Great thanksgiving meal, will do it again this year for thanksgiving!!

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ZiZi's Take Out closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.