First Review by BaDookie!!

lovely restaurant great food and service - Edit

easy to find 5 minutes from metro exit b turn left along main road. on left. arrived 1145 before lunch rush. obviously very popular with local Chinese. helpful picture menu and more senior lady spoke some English too explain. food arrived promptly and does size portions and very fresh. would return and recommend to others. had vegetable fried rice plus aubergines and green beans plus spicy noodles. price is fair for high quality fresh food. can save a little if book online

Pros: high quality , good portion size

Cons: none

Happy to do the 1st review of this little gem. - Edit

My girlfriend and I went here after a rainy day of walking around Shamian Island, thinking we were taking a chance on a place that hadn't been reviewed yet. Showing up hungry at 4:30, we learned that the place isn't actually open all day, but has the same schedule as a lot of these places and closes down from 3-5 and then opens again from 5-9.

Anyway, a really sweet waitress sat us down and gave us a menu and a pot of tea. The inside dining area (did I mention it was pissing down rain?) was really cool, with high ceilings and exposed wood beams - sort of bungalow/Ewok treehouse feel. We ordered the sesame + cucumber salad, the eggplant and green bean stir fry and what looked to be fried spring rolls, but turned out to be spicy peppers stuffed with mock pork.

All 3 dishes were amazing: not too greasy, which for those of you who live in China know can be a problem, well-seasoned and the portions were generous. A bit pricier at around 20-40 rmb per item, but we got a bangin meal for 92 rmb - about $7.50/person. I'll definitely go back sometime when it's not raining and check out the outdoor seating area. I haven't lived in China very long so my language skills are awful, but there were manifesto-looking signs hanging up that suggested this place ties their food to some spiritual/ethical philosophy. I personally don't get into that stuff (vegan for environmental reasons), but have found that eateries that are pay special attention to the quality and ingredients that go into their food.

Pros: Great environment, 5-star food

Cons: Non-English menu, but lots of pictures so it's eas

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zizhulin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 911 times since Jul 2013.