Zinman's Food Shop

• Friend
Contact 520-777-6882

111 W Fourth St, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85705

Plant-based food shop and bakery, opened Feb 2016. Its menu changes constantly and features various ethnic foods. Breakfast is offered on Saturday mornings. Uses freshly milled grains and fresh seasonal produce. Has fresh vegetables and other produce for sale. Counter service. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-12:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Take-out, Asian, Bakery, Catering, European

First Review by BetterOffRed

Amazing food & such a welcoming atmosphere! - Edit

We got some delicious, perfectly ripe oranges and some ginger bok choy as well. The owner couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Such friendly people! You will not regret stopping here. It's a must! The food is the best we've had on our trip and you can't find fresher produce at any store around.

VIsited for Sat Breakfast - Edit

Had the pancakes which were very flavorful and filling
Also tried an English muffin & Pumpkin cookie both very good

It was early Sat, small group ahead of me, but I was greeted and could place my order quickly.

Answered all my questions, and didn't take too long
And I got a lot of food for $8

The (recycled paper?) container kept the cakes warm all the way back home

I will check it out again when i am in that part of town

Only drawback was a limited menu

Pros: Taste & Flavors, Great prices, Friendly, Helpful Staff

Cons: limited menu

An eclectic place with delicious food - Edit

It's a very small place with very limited indoor seating but many seating options outside. The decor outside is eclectic with plants and herbs growing in pots and a garden-y feel.

I got the buckwheat pancakes with Earth Balance, pecans, and a fruit compote as well as a side of the potatoes. The pancakes where slightly crispy on the outside with a soft, tender center and the pecans folded into the batter. The compote was sweet and had cinnamon for flavor. Very tasty!

My companion had the biscuits and gravy and a side of potatoes. The biscuit was warm and flaky and the gravy was thick, savory, and featured fresh herbs. The dish was an excellent take on a classic.

We both agreed that the potatoes were absolutely delicious. They were slightly crunchy on the outside with a firm bite and creamy almost to the point of being buttery on the inside. They were mouth-watering and filling.

The gentlemen working was extremely friendly and helpful. He even offered to put NPR on the speakers so we could listen while we ate outside. The prices were very, very reasonable and the breakfast menu was a la carte which provided the opportunity to mix and match dishes and sides.

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zinman's Food Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.