Zia Taqueria

970-247-1002

400 S Camino del Rio, Durango, Colorado, USA, 81301

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual and busy assembly line style Mexican food where you can customize your order. Bowls, burritos, salads. Beans and rice are vegan. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by tesschallis

yum - Edit

I went to the Main St location. It's very similar to Chipotle, Qdoba, CA Tortilla, etc... but I think I like this best! I like that they have 3 types of beans and 2 types of rice that are vegan. I like their grilled veggies because unlike the aforementioned places they don't put peppers in them (I'm picky about peppers, but heads up they also have the usual fajita veggies). I really like their medium/traditional homemade salsa!

Pros: good vegan options, good prices, tasty

Fresh and flavorful food in Durango - Edit

Zia is one of the few places in the 4 Corners area that I can count on for fresh, tasty, and pretty healthy vegan food. You can get a burrito or a bowl, or one of their other menu options. I personally like to get a bowl, as I try to avoid refined white flour.

They have a lot of really great toppings (it's Chipotle-style where they make your food in an assembly line to order). The beans are all vegan (three options there), and they have two vegan rice options - one is brown rice! I really like the mango habanero salsa (it's not THAT hot), and guacamole. They have lots of other flavorful components too, that really jazz up your entree (such as green chili, sauteed veggies, pico de gallo, and salsas).

Plus, the staff is consistently friendly and professional!

Pros: healthy options, food is fresh and flavorful , lots of vegan items on the bar

Cons: not organic

Return to Durango Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zia Taqueria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.