Zhai Xiang Yuan

1F, LaiAn Business Plaza, Building 17, Block 2, AnZhenXiLi, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Name 斋香园素食, address 朝阳区安贞西里2区17号楼莱安商务楼1楼. In a residential area and has views from dining area. Offers breakfast, vegetarian food, afternoon tea. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by dontbedaft

Huge menu, delicious - Edit

My friend and I arrived a few minutes before 5pm / 17:00 and I think they seated us early because it didnt look like they were open for dinner yet. So just beware, despite listed hours, they're probably not open before 17:00!

I got three items off the menu myself which was more than enough like others said. Two wouldve been plenty. But we took leftovers home.

There was some delicate/gentle/relaxing background music, and there were a lot of nature decorations.

One person spoke some English and she understood when I said "no egg, no milk".

It's all vegetarian and it's even called a Vegetarian Restaurant, and there were definitely some good vegan options (deep fried mushrooms and the green pancakes). It's not all vegan though -- they use real cheese here. There is some pretty real looking shrimp, but it is indeed fake! No fish here.

Updated from previous review on 2017-10-23

Pros: Large menu, Great ambiance, Great tastes

Cons: Vegan items not labelled, Open hours unclear, Staff speak only basic English

Excellent food and service - Edit

Excellent food, we ordered three dishes and that was far too much food. The service was great and we communicated to the waiter through pointing and WeChat app, menu has pictures and English and very extensive, free wifi available also. Each plate around 30 RMB each, we should have ordered only the two plates.

Pros: Extensive menu, great service, easy to find not fa

Highly Recommended - Edit

Tucked away a little, but well worth seeking out. Nice ambience and excellent food. Staff had no English but were patient with our halting attempts to communicate and the menus had pictures so we mostly just had to point. The owner was really kind and even drove us back to our hotel after the meal because it was raining hard and difficult to find a taxi.

Pros: Broad menu (with pictures), Comfortable and spacious, Kind owner

Cons: A Little hard to find

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zhai Xiang Yuan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.