• Zesty Shawarma And Grill

Mediterranean
Take-out
Catering
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes clearly labeled vegan dishes. Examples are a falafel wrap, hummus, pita, quinoa salad, fattoush, stuffed grape leaves, and more. Charges 3.5% when using card instead of cash. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-8:00pm.

Venue map for Zesty Shawarma And Grill
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by WeThreeV

sandsalamand

Points +56

15 May 2023

Excellent Food, but Confused Staff

The falafel was perfect, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The tahini sauce and the salad went well with it. My only criticism of the food is that the pita bread was a little flat.

The reason I'm deducting a star is because the person taking my order was confused about vegetarian vs. vegan, and had to consult with the cooking staff to figure out what items on the menu were vegan.

For the people reading this, if you want to skip that conversation, know that the default "yellow rice" is not vegan. You have to order white rice or the "brown rice" (which is actually bulgur). The salads are all vegan except for the Greek Salad (you can remove the feta, though). The hummus and pita are vegan and the falafel plate is vegan, but I didn't ask about the other appetizers.

leafekat

Points +197

22 Nov 2022

Clearly marked options

The food and service are great! The bathroom is clean! The owner really serves to please. I had a question about one of the salads and he got it out of the fridge to show me.
The quinoa salad is a gluten free version of tabouli.
We enjoyed 2 of the salads, falafel, and baba ganoush. Everything was so fresh and colorful. It was nice to find healthy and vegan food in an area that does not offer much.
It was a quick in and out to go order that I ordered at the counter. I had time to use the restroom, then only waited for about 1-2 minutes. Super fast!
This is a great place to stop.

Pros: Clearly marked, Clean bathroom , Friendly and fast service

WeThreeV

Points +60

04 Apr 2021

Falafel and more

I decided to Google this place today to see if they had any vegan options. I was so excited to see that they offer lots and it is all clearly labeled on the menu. I can't believe it has been there for years and I have only now discovered it! I ended up getting a couple of falafel wrap combos. The wrap was huge and the fries were generous! My kids split one combo and I couldn't finish mine because it was so big. Fortunately, the leftover wrap was good cold and the fries came back to being tasty after reheating in my air fryer. I will definitely be going back and I look forward to trying out some of the other vegan options.

There is a 3.5% charge for using a card instead of cash which stinks, and it was really hot inside while waiting on the order, but neither of those things is worth docking a star for. The food and service were both good. I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Kid approved, Generous portions

Cons: Charge for using cards instead of cash

This page has been viewed 1937 times.