Zeppelin and Kaleidoscope

• Vegetarian
Contact 603-876-3441

174 Main St, Marlborough, New Hampshire, USA, 03455

Casual vegetarian cafe serving organic fair trade coffee, bubble teas, and light meals including soups, sandwiches, pizza, and baked goods. Free Wi-Fi. Previously named Jitter Beans Internet Cafe. Kitchen closes at 5:30pm every day.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out

First Review by Fallenxero

Zeppelin and Kaleidoscope - A destination spot! - Edit

The staff is friendly, the dining space is sunny , inviting and warm. It is accented by colorful art work ,a casual lending library and game rack. What more would you want for a casual stop and dining experience?
The GREAT food selections for any appetite!

Z&K offers wonderful hot and cold sandwiches, fresh made soups, fresh baked muffins, croissants and more and not to leave out a great selection of beverages for any palate!

When traveling in the area, this is a great detour or stop on any destination.

Pros: EXCELLENT FOOD, HEALTHY CUISINE, FRIENDLY STAFF

Decent place - Edit

Enjoyed lunch here. Not inexpensive, but is clean and food arrived quickly. Also has a nice separate dining area. I bought a couple of their VT-made packaged cookies while there (too sweet). Menu selection somewhat limiting and staff could be a bit more interested. I'd like to come again and try some other items.

Pros: clean, high-end decor, internet optional

Cons: limited selection

Eat, drink, and be merry! - Edit

For a non-vegetarian like myself, whether or not a place has vegan options is largely irrelevant, so I approach Jitterbeans from the perspective of how everything tastes. Across the board, Jitterbeans has fantastic food. I've had the pleasure of trying several different wraps and sandwiches, and they all tasted great and filled me up despite the complete absence of meat of any kind. The baked goods are a delight, and it's my understanding that most, if not all, of it is made fresh at Jitterbeans. Jitterbeans also caters to the drink snob in me with a good selection of gourmet sodas and teas. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I have overheard a number of people saying that it was better than any other place they cared to mention.

That brings me to my only gripe with the place, the dining area is kind of small, so unless people are talking very quietly, you're going to hear everything which is annoying to the occasional misanthrope like myself. The staff is very friendly and engaging, I get the impression that they actually enjoy what they do and don't resent me for making them work like some young employees at other places. There's some kind of lending library there too, but I imagine it's intended for area residents, so I didn't look into it.

Pros: Excellent Beverage Selection, Incredible Sandwiches, Wonderful Atmosphere

Cons: Small Dining Area

Just alright - Edit

I visited the cafe after reading some of the reviews on here. It is a wonderful place for vegetarians, however if you are vegan, it's not so impressive. The only vegan item that they have to eat was a veggie burger, on a roll, with ketchup. They do carry soy milk, which is good for coffee drinkers. Note that the chai mix that they use is not vegan (I was definetly bummed about that.) If you are vegan and in the area, it's a good place to stop for some cheap local, organic fair trade coffee (from A&E Roasteries in Milford, probably the best coffee in NH) with soy milk. Otherwise, call ahead to make sure they have more vegan options, or don't bother to go out of your way.

Pros: Good Value, Accomodating staff, Clean Restrooms

Cons: Not very vegan friendly

Dedflwrs I'm at a loss to understand this review. We have several vegan options including salads, wraps, tempeh tuna salad, "chicken" sandwiches, hummus club sandwich, etc. Also, for the past few months we have been doing vegan muffins which have become very popular. Oh, and incidentally, our veggie burger is served on Ciabatta, not a run of the mill bun.
Had I known I could respond to this review (I just found out by a fluke!) I would've done so much sooner. I did not want to have it remove because I believe that would be somehow "cheating" even if I don't think it's a fair review :)

Return to Marlborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zeppelin and Kaleidoscope closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2296 times since Aug 2007.