Zenith Yoga Cafe - Tay Ho District

247 Au Co (at Tay Ho District), Hanoi, Vietnam,

Cafe serving health food and beverges. Produce is washed with ozone as disinfectant. Many items are vegan suitable but does use cheese on pizza (shown on its website). Previously at 16 Duong Thanh. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-8:30pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-6:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion

First Review by EveArmstrong

Not as good as it seems - Edit

The food and drinks weren't very tasty, they just needed so much more spice/salt/ginger to bring them to life. The avocado nems and salad were nice though. Really overpriced for what you get.

lovely little cafe with good spirit - Edit

situated off the noisy Main Street this is a small delight. delightful food all prepared fresh on site with very warm and cozy interior. make sure you try he pestopizza! can be made vegan!

Overpriced and Bland - Edit

We went looking for the old Zenith Cafe...they had moved to a new location...but as we struggled to find the old venue, a moto-taxi guy came up to us with a piece of paper telling us he would bring us there and they would pay for a taxi to the new venue. Great!! Such a good service...we jumped in and were brought to the new place free of charge.

That was where the good things ended.

The menu looks great...lots of vegan options and really extensive. BUT...every meal we ordered was bland. There was a distinct lack of seasoning in all the dishes (we were a group of 5 and all tried something different). The mains were all in the 110-140 dong range which is expensive. You expect top notch flavours for this price.

On top of that we found the service cold and impersonal...

The setting was quite sterile too...clean and functional, but not the oasis we had in mind according to reviews and lonely planet.

Maybe the chef was sick, or they were having a bad day...but we all came away feeling disappointed by bland and expensive food.

Pros: Lots of options for vegans

Cons: Expensive, Bland, Location

Zenith Yoga Vietnam Dear Customers,
It is very disappointing to hear from you bad experience with us, and sorry about our bad service. I am quite sure that it was an accident on that day as we have received good responses from our customers about our dishes. We were also at a bad time moving away from our old location. We are doing our best to provide the gourmet vegan/vegetarian menu to the customers in Hanoi, and we hope that this will not happen again.

We thank you for your visit and your review to help us improve.

Kind Regards
Huong, Manager

Wow! - Edit

The restaurant alone is so peaceful and gorgeous but the vegan menu is so diverse and delicious! We tried the Black Bean Burger with Avocado & the Carrot Cake! Definitely check it out! It's a bit pricey but worth it and the people are so lovely plus you can do yoga classes there too!

they have vegan chocolate cake!! - Edit

The moment you walk in it doesn't feel like Vietnam anymore, except for seeing people walk/drive past the window.
The food was tasty but pricy, as in 120k for a small pizza. Even skipped drinks because I thought they were too expensive.
But, they have chocolate cake, so I loved it!!

would recommend! - Edit

Hanoi is very busy and so overwhelming that this place became our little oasis during our stay. We were there every single dat, sometimes twice. My favorite food was the hommus pizza and the mango fresh spring rolls. They have good smoothies and juices and I also loved the cookies!

Great Food In A Clean, Quiet Setting - Edit

Really enjoyed everything here. Seats are super comfy for lounging and all the food we tried was delicious and healthy. We got the pesto pizza, veggie pho, and avocado nem. I don't know who said the portions were small, but between 2 people we were stuffed. This was the only real veggie restaurant close to the old town in Hanoi we were able to find, just wish we had found it earlier! Prices are a little high, but the quality think it was definitely worth it.

Pros: Healthy, Atmosphere

Expensive, but tasty - Edit

The food here is tasty generally, but is expensive for Ha Noi and it isn't exactly huge servings to fill one up.

The place is certainly relaxed, but there is no feeling of being in Vietnam really.

I go on occasion, and have something like a burger, but it isn't for every day by any means.

They have good drinks and the vegan chocolate cake is really good.

Pros: Tasty, Relaxed

Cons: Expensive

Overpriced, flavorless food. - Edit

People who run the place are really nice. The space is very comfy and relaxed but the food is terrible. It is basically Western prices with below western quality/quantity.

I ordered the falafel and it was super bland and boring. We spent almost $20US for lunch and still left hungry.

I saw them microwaving their vegetables and using lots of prepared, processed food products. It was definitely not worth the money.

Pros: healthy food

Cons: pricey , small portions, flavorless food.

Healthy vegan food - Edit

Very good food. I tried two specials, pho and curry. Both were very lovely! My chai was a little bland, needed a little sweetener. Though the cookie and dried coconut that came with the drinks were delicious. I also tried the green smoothie, which tasted nice but was warm. Food does take a while to come to you after ordering, but they seem to put a lot of effort into the food. It is expensive, but that is expected for the type of food and ingredients they use.

amazing hippy food - Edit

This place had a lovely atmosphere, excellent service, and fantastic delicious hippy Western veg food. My friend and I got the sampler platter and a bowl of vegetarian pho and we would highly recommend both dishes. The salad rolls and multiple dipping sauces were especially amazing.

Fresh Tasting, Well-presented Food - Edit

Mostly vegan menu. We tried the tasting platter for two, fresh fruit drinks and cake.
Really fresh tasting food, quite healthy, good flavours and nice presentation. Clean welcoming relaxed comfy environment.
Cost a little more than other cafes we tried so far but we thought good value for the quality - roughly £15 for the meal for us both.

Pros: Mostly Vegan, Vegan Cake, Comfy Relaxed Clean

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Pricy but delicious - Edit

Relaxing and nice place to eat healthy & delicious food. Prices therefore are high, I paid 50k for a coconut-aloe vera drink and 130k for a yummy caramelised zucchini and black bean burger with chia seed bread and little salad. Worth a visit. Great value for money.

Pros: many vegan options, yummy & healthy, central locat

Cons: little bit pricy, serves egg meals (e.g. Quiche)

Amazing International Vegan Cuisine - Edit

We had the Zenith's tasty taster menus, fresh juice, banana chocolate almond shake, cookies and dark chocolate cake. Nearly everything was really yummy.

Pros: Free Wifi, Vegan Deserts , Cosy Athmosphere

Excellent veg food in Old Quarter of Hanoi - Edit

Really glad I decided to go to Zenith Yoga Cafe. I loved the decor inside with it's tables made from pallets, comfy sofas to stretch your legs out on and informational tidbits under the glass table tops. Very relaxing. The food itself was great; I had a green smoothie (which tasted very vanilla-y and delicious) and the caramelized zucchini and black bean burger which was very wholesome and tasty. It was hard to choose something from the menu as it all sounded so good! As someone below has said, it was refreshing to eat at a vegan place that didn't have any mock meat dishes which are prevalent in most veg places in Vietnam. Prices were perhaps a little higher than the average place, but I think the quality of the food is worth it.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 04, 2014

Pros: Decor, Varied menu, High quality food

Cons: A little pricey

Vegan oasis!! - Edit

Vegan (some vegetarian options too) place in the middle of town. This place started really strong but has since lost some force as the Kiwi lady that opened it has left. They still serve a great range of vegan food with interesting ingredients, and is still the better option for vegan food in the old quarter.

Pros: great variety of ingredients, value for money, interesting menu

best vegan food in hanoi! - Edit

The foods you been missig while traveling in asia. Blackbean burger, mushroom sandwich, baked falafel in pita and pumpkinsoups are som of the dishes on The menu. All with helthy salads with avocado, nuts and seeds. Also good coffee and a vegan chocolate cake. Friendly staff that speaks english well. Not al menu is vegan. Try this place!

Interesting place - Edit

Had a nice meal here. The place has a fairly expansive menu and uses organic food. Dishes are Western and Vietnamese fusion.

Prices are also a fusion between East and West!

Pros: Good menu, Interesting food

Cons: Expensive, In Old Quarter of downtown

Good but pricy - Edit

I liked the food here alot- me and my boyfriend shared the mezze plate. They have a good slection of healthy vegan food without the mock meats you get in so many asian resturants. Also there was vegan choccolate cake! However this said for the amount of food we got it was very expensive.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere

Cons: very expensive

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zenith Yoga Cafe - Tay Ho District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4209 times since Aug 2013.