Zen Washoku

( 1 review )
+44-7723768889

Nag's Head Market, 30 Seven Sisters Rd, North London, England, N7 6AG

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small, basic Japanese restaurant inside Nag's Head Market in Holloway. Vegan options include miso soup, tofu katsu don, bento boxes, sushi, three varieties of ramen, several starters. Must specify vegan when ordering so kitchen may change egg options to pickles and seasoned vegetables. Separate vegetarian fryer used. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by sparklelilz

Delicious, reasonable, authentic Japanese food! - Edit

Honestly some of the best Japanese food I've had (and I've been to Japan!) The host was very accommodating - as soon as I said I was vegan, he took me through the menu (which already had extensive vegetarian choices) and pointed out the dishes that could easily be made vegan. I asked about the stock and specifically about fish, and they use seaweed stock without fish (you may have to specify this when you order) which is rare for most Japanese restaurants. He was vegetarian himself which is probably why there's such an awareness of plant based diets at the restaurant!

My boyfriend had tofu katsu don (there is one dish with eggs and one without, so watch the one you're ordering) and I had the tofu katsu bento, which was huge and absolutely delicious. Instead of tamago as a side dish, I was given sweet tofu. We also had sesame tofu and aubergine to start, both of which were delicious. The only negative was that there was no sushi available (they'd had a very busy Saturday and they were understaffed!) and that there's no vegan pudding.

Overall, this restaurant has a great vibe (super rustic), has excellent food and reasonable prices (a main is £7-11). Definitely give it a try!

Return to North London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Washoku closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.