CLOSED: Zen Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 714-895-3637

9329 Bolsa Ave (at between Moran and Bushard, in Little Saigon, Orange County), Westminster, California, USA, 92683

One of the vegetarian restaurants in Westminster, this one also known as Quan Com Chay Viet Nam. Reported closed to HappyCow Dec 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by callthecops

Great Pho & other noodle soups - Edit

My favorite place to go for Pho and other Vietnamese noodle soups. They do them very well and the portions are great for the price. The rest of there menu with the veggie meats is ok, not as tasty as some other places I've been, but still pretty good. But like I said, I mainly go for the soups! And the folks that work there are really sweet. The older ladies don't speak much English, but they get by.

Pros: Pho's & Soups, Price, Friendly place

Great vegan food, great service - Edit

This is one of the best vegan restaurants in california. I had a huge order to go and when I brought the food to my family, all 14 people thought it was the best food ever. definitely get the chicken claypot, best dish ever. Very nice family owns it. I live in las vegas and make it a point to go to zen everytime I am in california.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Simply great food... veggie or not. - Edit

I found out about this place through a close friend of mine. I honestly do know a little about vietnamese food as I have quite a few vietnamese friends. I must say though that I was very skeptical about soy meat products. I am very happy to say hough that the soy meat products they had were simply excellent. I found myself forgetting that I wasn't eating meat quite often, and to top it off, didn't miss eating meat at all while I was there. I've been back quite a few times since my first visit, and have been trying many different dishes on the menu, as they have a wide selection of choices. Another thing about the restaurant is the atmosphere. There are paintings on the walls by local artists, a piano in the back, and the patio outside looks like a parisian bistro from out of a Monet painting. It really is a charming little place to have lunch or dinner, or even some cafe su dat (vietnamese coffee.) The vegetables are fresh, the sauces are tasty and the wait staff is(are) charming; One young lady in particular whose name escapes me was particularly adorable ;-) I guess I just can't say enough good things about the place. One more thing is that the food tastes very authentic to my knowledge, which is something I find to be very important. I highly recommend this establishment for anybody looking for a great vietnamese vegetarian experience!

Pros: Authentic, Fresh, Charming

Cons: Needs to be bigger..., So I can bring..., more friends!

health issues - Edit

the food might be good (or even great), but their health standards seem to be sub-par. so, you may be getting more than you ordered if you choose to dine here.

Pros: menu, taste

Cons: unsanitary condition

5 stars to Zen Vegetarian !! - Edit

Great selection of soups and dish selections. The Thai beef salad, Tom Yum soup, and stir fried noodles were excellent. Very nice patio area to relax during meal. A really nice bargain for the quality and friendly service. A great family feel to this nice resturant. Would definitely recommend Zen Vegetarian even for non-vegans !! 5 STARS !!

Pros: food quality, price, service

Yummy vegan place - Edit

At first I thought it was take out only with pre-made food in the display case but they have a full menu. They have great soy "egg"rolls. They have soy fish, squid, shrimp, chicken, beef and duck. The sweet and sour tofu is great as well as their soups and noodles. I highly recommend this place! Check it out, they have such a variety of food choices

Pros: Many different fo-meats, friendly staff

paradise! - Edit

wonderful service and delicious affordable food! even the egg noodles are vegan. try the pork spring rolls as an appatizer. their "fish" is some of the best i've had. the soy fish on sizzling plate with vegetables and rice paper is fun to eat and tasty. soy fried fish with lemongrass is also delicious, however very deep fried. i also suggest the soy chicken rice with fried chicken (kinda broken english) and the roasted chicken, which is shaped like a bird. there's also an extremely inexpensive deli several interesting-looking items.

Pros: mouthwatering fish!, helpful service!

Cons: too far from my house

Return to Westminster Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Zen Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2043 times since Aug 2007.