Zen Pops

• Other Other
Contact 252-573-0306

3712 N Croatan Hwy, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, USA, 27949

Popsicles and ice cream made with fresh and organic fruit and herbs. Has vegan and organic menu choices including a "deep chocolate" vegan ice cream. Previously located on Kill Devil Hills. Tue-Sat 1:00pm-6:00pm Every Summer hours are Mon-Sat 1pm-9pm.

First Review by Kind ConfectionsOBX

incredible!! - Edit

seriously, everything is incredible here! we went several times during our stay and tried every ice cream sammie they had. all of them were amazing. my parents (who are not vegan) were obsessed too. the pops were super tasty and refreshing as well. the lady (i think she is the owner too?) was super friendly and zen. highly recommend this place!

Yummy Ice Cream Sandwiches! - Edit

We recently visited the Outer Banks and were excited to try Zen Pops after seeing the reviews on here. Zen Pops is not far from the Wright Brother's monument, though you will need to time your visit with Zen Pop's more limited hours if you want to hit up both of them in the same visit (Zen Pops is only open from 1-6 PM).

The double chocolate ice cream sandwiches were amazing! Even my non-vegan family members loved them. We went back again the next day. I only wish I lived on the Outer Banks so I could have them more often. If I'd had a cooler, I would have hauled some back home with me!

Pros: vegan chocolate ice cream! 'nuff said!, closeby the Wright Brother's monument

Cons: limited hours... only open from 1 PM to 6 PM, stock on-hand may be limited

The absolute BEST vegan ice cream sandwich! - Edit

We have been fans of Zen Pops since they opened. All their "pops" are absolutely wonderful, but our favorite Zen treat is the chocolate vegan ice cream sandwich...amazing and not to be missed!

Pros: Vegan Ice Cream Sandwich is FABULOUS

Perfect Ice Cream Sandwiches!! - Edit

My husband and I stopped here after lunch at the Outer Bean across the street. As soon as we walked in, we were cheerfully greeted by the owner and a staff member. So friendly and welcoming! We picked up a sandwich in each flavor they had - vegan chocolate chocolate, vegan lavender lemon, and a classic chocolate chip vanilla (non-vegan). AMAZING! If I could exist solely on these ice cream sandwiches for the remainder of my vacation, I would. Seriously great!

Pros: Delicious!, Super friendly staff

Cons: The only con is that they're so far away from home

OMG!!! Vegan Ice Cream on vacation! - Edit

Not only is the vegan ice cream and ice pops absolutely delicious the staff is amazing. Very friendly as soon as we walked in.
On our last night we stopped to see if they had dry ice so I could bring some back to NJ and they were very accommodating! Happy to say I have ice cream sandwiches at home now!
The Chocolate Ice Cream sandwich is so good - also tried the Roasted Strawberry sandwich and the pistachio sandwich. The Strawberry Basil and the Chocolate Sea Salt pops were delicious also.
Even the non-vegans in the house love the desserts.
And they have cupcakes which we didn't even try.
Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good value, Friendly staff

OMG - Edit

Get the chocolate on chocolate ice cream sandwich and come find me and thank me after. My mom is isn't vegan and got one and hasn't stopped talking about it. This place rocks and has lots of options!

Delicious Ice Cream Sandwiches - Edit

The vegan ice cream cookie sandwiches and pops are amazing. My favorite is the chocolate/chocolate ice cream cookie sandwich and the cookies are the best chocolate cookies I've ever tasted. The ice cream is also delicious and has a great consistency; it is soft and does not melt quickly like some vegan ice creams.

Pros: excellent ice cream, friendly staff, tasty vegan cupcakes available

yum yum yum!!! chocolate/chocolate - Edit

Zen Pops of kitty hawk has some of the most creamy vegan ice cream I've ever tasted. The cookies that they use to make the chocolate/chocolate ice cream sandwiches are some of the most delicious I've ever tasted!!! I haven't tried any of their delicious sounding popsicles yet because the ice cream is so wonderful. My fiancée and I were visiting NC and the woman working gave us advice on where to find other vegan eats. This place is worth a stop if you're in the Outer Banks. Yum!

Pros: vegan options clearly labeled, multiple vegan options including cupcake, friendly and very helpful staff

Heaven, Frozen - Edit

I only wish we could have visited multiple times! My husband, my brother, and I all rolled our eyes with double chocolate (vegan) ice cream cookie sandwiches. The popsicles were enticing, and they have lovely flavor combos all around. Also find some specialty (vegan) cupcakes and such for sale. Everything is handmade in Kitty Hawk.

Pros: quality, creativity

we will return! - Edit

Amazing! They are not usually open on Monday, but we're in the office in the back, so we were able to get one of their delicious treats! The owner was very helpful and gave us recommendations on where to eat in the area. We tried ice cream sandwiches, wow! Some are vegan. Next time to the Popsicles :)

Out of Stock - Edit

I could only give them 4 stars because they were out of everything I wanted to try. I ended up getting a pint of their vegan chocolate ice-cream. It was delicious! We asked for plastic spoons to eat it with and they acted like that was a strange request. An ice-shop with no spoons...lol. She did finally round a couple up though. Maybe they were hers from her take-out lunch or something.

Pros: delicious, cute shop, vegan options

Cons: out of stock, no spoons

A Great Surprise! - Edit

Meets both of my criteria for dessert...awesome tasting & healthy! Can't wait to get back to the OBX for another round.

Pros: Clean, Artsy, Casual, Comfortable, Super Friendly Service, Delicious, Reasonably priced & Healthy

Cons: Wish they were open until 9 PM, WIsh they had a location in NOVA

my new favorite spot - Edit

I can not get enough vegan dark chocolate ice cream!!! It is SO good!! I have bought other grocery store Soy/Coco vegan ice creams and this one is way better!!

Such a nice addition to the beach. I hope they will see a ton of support from the community and tourists.

Pros: location, decor, friendly

Great Vegan Ice Cream - Edit

As of this writing they have only one flavor of vegan ice cream and several vegan pops. I have only had the ice cream (chocolate) and it is really good! I recently approached the owner about making a vegan ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday party and they gladly accepted the request. The cake was beautiful and delicious! i literally cant wait for my birthday so i can get them to make me another cake!

Pros: Family owned and operated, friendly and accommodating

Cons: i'm living for the vegan chunky monkey

Contributions +14

So Fresh! - Edit

My family and I love Zen Pops! They are so fresh and delicious! My fav? Strawberry Kiwi! It has that fresh, picked from a field, strawberry taste with big kiwi chunks! To die for!

Return to Kitty Hawk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Pops closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2353 times since Apr 2012.