Zen of Sushi

772-337-9777

8950 S Federal Hwy, Port St Lucie, Florida, USA, 34952

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little place offering Japanese food. Has vegan miso soup and sauces. Soy products are non-gmo. Ask for vegan options. Open Mon-Tue 5:00pm-10:00pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Wed-Sat 5:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by AmyFord

impressed - Edit

I decided to go to this place because of the delicious looking photos. I definitely was impressed. This place puts love into their food and pays attention to detail. The cook will make just about any type of vegan sushi that your hear desires. He will even create a plate for you if you aren’t feeling creative. You don’t have to order from the menu. Just let him know you are vegan and he will work his magic. Love love love this place.

Pros: creative , many options , friendly staff

Cons: serves flesh, a little slow to plate

A Vegan Sushi Haven - Edit

Zen of Sushi is a cozy little gem with one of the kindest chefs I have ever had the pleasure of receiving a dish from. His passion for the creation of magical medleys is still blowing my mind after two years of eating here. A true Sushi chef takes time to get to know you. They can read what you crave, even if you are muddled and unclear. Your favorite local place becomes a nurturing home away from home where you can revive and rejuvenate from the first sip of miso soup.

I have stopped at many a sushi or Japanese restaurant for everything from a quick hand roll to a full on feast. At Zen of Sushi, the bowls of Miso Soup are always Vegan, giving you a transfusion of love! There are many Veganized choices. Go for the Agedashi Tofu. It is pure Vegan, Non-GMO and gluten free made with a light crunchy coating of sweet potato flour. Yummy doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Try the Navajo roll for a little zap of jalapeño, tiny slivers of lime, cilantro and creamy avocado. My new obsession is the truly addictive Spicy Edamame perfectly steamed, coated with spicy toasty deliciousness. These became so Pavlovian that just typing this has caused me to drool a little. Have them during Happy Hour with hot sake or beer.

Chef Gary’s culinary artistry is so mouthwateringly good, that my Vegan friends living in other states have called me up and begged me to stop posting. As I have told them, “No, I shall not!”

More of my favorites include every Futomaki he has ever made me, vegan Chirashi Sushi and delicate little cucumber wrapped veggies with a gentle pop of rice vinegar. I have loved every hand roll and Nigiri sushi Gary has ever placed on my plate. Did I mention the Miso soup? It is a warm hug from a long-lost lover.

Gary is also your hot food order chef. He tempts his hungry followers with noodles and stir-fries that inspire audible yummy noises from across the dining room. Are you in the mood for something warm? Try a steamed delight with silky tofu and broccoli over Forbidden rice. This is one friend’s favorite dish.

Once Gary gets to know your quirks, he can read you like book. What does a Vegan do in Florida? Eat here of course!

Pros: Lots of Vegan already on the menu., Chef is happy to Veganize for you., Chef cares about your likes and dislikes.

Cons: Closes between lunch and dinner., Closed Monday lunch., Closed Sundays.

Return to Port St Lucie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen of Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.