Zen Gardens - Moncton

• Vegetarian

Chinese vegetarian restaurant with several locations. Features a variety of Asian vegetable dishes, mock meat dishes, sushi, dim sum. Large selection of tea. Zen atmosphere.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by

Great place to grab some take-out - Edit

We made 2 trips to Zen Garden while in Moncton. I was on a strict meal plan and got to watch my boyfriend eat while I enjoyed some jasmine tea. He then got me take-out, which I heated up for breakfast when my meal plan ended. He ordered sushi, rice noodles, soy skewers and dumplings for me and it reminded me of the Chinese food I grew up on. He was a huge fan of the rice noodles. They had a really great flavour and I enjoyed the soy skewers. Some of the food was a little greasy, but delicious.

There weren't many people there when we stopped in. The owner was very nice. It looks like the restaurant used to be a house at some point. Everything in there is a little dated, but it was a pleasant, quiet atmosphere. We'll be back for sure.

Pros: delicious food, great take-out option, great price

Cons: dated restaurant, but nice atmosphere

Lovely little restaurant - Edit

Zen Garden is a small, but lovely restaurant, with excellent food - although the menu is limited.
Service, by the owner, was very good, but, unfortunately we were the only customers.

The restaurant does have a car park, which is very useful as it is on a main road.

Pros: Excellent food, Good service, Parking

Cons: Limited menu

Cute little jem. - Edit

I really loved the atmosphere of Zen Gardens, it was cute, windows open, just perfect. The food was great, a lot of soy based stuff, but good. Extremely cheap! Got a lot of food for the money! I will be back many times. Owner is extremely friendly.
I did hear the microwave going as well. lol But I'll take good food in the microwave with that price for a nice change over expensive vegan places.

Pros: cheap, atmosphere, good food

Cons: microwaving food

Awesome Blossom - Edit

Pretty tiny menu overshadowed by their vast selection of teas.

That said, I believe we ordered 2/3 of the menu we were so hungry, and everything was delightful. We've come to expect this from the King's Cafe group of restaurants.

It was in a funky old dark building, too, with high ceilings and a musty wooden interior. Nice!

Pros: tea heaven, dependable

Cons: small selection

Delicious Vegan Chinese Food - Edit

Whenever I am in Moncton I always dine at Cafe Calactus. I love it there! An employee at the hotel we were staying at told us about Zen Garden and how good it is. We decided to give it a try and we were extremely pleased. The restaurant has a relaxing vibe. There is an extensive tea list (60 varieties). We enjoyed fantastic sweet and sour soup, sushi roll, fried noodles, five-grain rice dumpling, and stir-fried veggies. The noodles, while fried were not greasy. The soup was my favourite. I had medium spicy and at first I thought the spiciness level was mild it does creep up. None of the food was greasy or drenched in sauce yet very flavourful. The server was wonderful. He was very friendly and helpful. This place is unpretentious. While everything on the menu is vegetarian, there are some items which are not vegan. The waiter was clear on which items were not vegan. We'll definitely be returning. People in Moncton are really lucky to have two such great veg places to eat!

Pros: food, ambiance, service

Cons: no liquor

i've found the restaurant i've been searching for - Edit

if you have not been, please go. it features an entirely veg menu, and largely vegan. it is a tea house with 60 tea varieties. reasonably priced foods too! we had the best hot and sour soup i've ever had. it made the stuff i used to love at a place who's name i can no longer remember look like canned soup! well, that is too harsh, but, it was just great! well balanced broth and just the right amount of food stuffs floating about in there.
i had a dumpling too...i think it was called 5 grain dumpling maybe? anyway, it was mainly grains, rice and chickpeas, but, as i entered the dumpling (which stood about 4 inches tall), it kept revealing treats...a shitake here, a seitan strip there and so on! fun food!!

anyway, go there.

Pros: subtle flavours, great service, well priced

great little restaurant - Edit

we stopped by this great little restaurant on our way to PEI. we were glad we made a reservation as it is quite popular. we (party of 4 adults and 3 kids) were seated in a peaceful beautifully decorated semi-private room. the food was very good as well. i'm from taiwan, so the steam buns and the dumplings suits my taste. most items on the menu are vegan.

Amazing place! - Edit

The Zen is located not far from where I work and where I live, so I go there often. I just love it there. The atmosphere is very peaceful and the staff is very polite. The food is amazing. At first, I didn't know what to order, everything was new, but I tried almost everything on the menu and my favorites are the vegetables, the shao mais, sticky rice wrap, hot and sour soup, the soy protein nugget and the dumplings. I recommend this place for people who want to eat light and not feel stuffed and uncomfortable. One other thing I recommend is the almond tea. :D

Very nice - Edit

This a very peaceful little taiwanese veggie restaurant with all kinds of little goodies like dumplings, sushi, veggie bun, rice wrap ect... The prices are reasonable and the service is friendly. The only problem as another reviewer stated is their hours of service are limited...especially for a tea house!!!

Guest - Edit

I recently discovered this restaurant and I am impressed by the atmosphere, its very peaceful and calming with soothing music playing and also offers several delicious teas and vegetarianfood, served in a very pleasing manner. My first look at the menu was intimidating since this food was all new to me but everything I have tried is delicious. My favorites are the hot&sour soup, sticky rice roll and the spring rolls. I really believe that food tastes better when it is prepared by someone who is peaceful and loving and although I have not met the person preparing the dishes at Zen Garden I always leave there feeling good! :)

Awesome restaurant - Edit

I absolutely love this place.. such a good atmosphere, just love it! But the hours of operations are wrong here.. its open from 10:30 to 9.. but it's closed from 2-5!

Return to Moncton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Gardens - Moncton closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3552 times since Aug 2007.