Zen Gardens - Mississauga

Contact 905-461-2498

6980 Martiz Drive Unit 6, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada,

Chinese vegetarian restaurant with several locations. Features a variety of Asian vegetable dishes, mock meat dishes, sushi, dim sum, and others. Large selection of tea. Quiet and relaxed.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Ken4057

WONDERFUL place to dine! You MUST eat there - Edit

My husband and I LOVE Zen Gardens. He is not vegetarian but would go here in a heart beat. We have taken many non-vegetarian friends here and they have loved it too. The food is Chinese vegetarian (not vegan), however their menu does indicate which items contain egg/milk. Many of the food items are fried, so do take that into consideration when ordering. We always over order and take home food for the next day :) They have appetizers, dim sum, group dining, combos and individual plates available. They do offer take out.

The prices are a bit steep compared to other vegetarian restaurants in the area (most of which are Indian vegetarian, and much cheaper), however it is TOTALLY worth the money. The food is presented is such a beautiful way, there is zen-like music playing and the place is beautiful.

The staff recognizes us and are super friendly. Also, if you are a TVA member they offer discounts.

This place can be a bit busy on Fridays and weekends. They also have a separate room for large groups. We went on Valentine's once and the place had extra seating put in.

The restaurant has a tea shop attached to it, and I believe that once a month they do a tea ceremony.

Check out this place you will LOVE it. It is part of the King's Cafe line of restaurants.

Pros: Flavour, Ambiance, Variety of food

Cons: Pricey, Close early

Great Restaurant - Edit

I've been here a lot. It's about 40km (one way) for me to come here but me and my hubby think it's worth. The food may be a bit pricey but taste really good. We've tried so many dishes here. The noodles soup we love the most is "noodles braised with the soy sauce". We also love their combos, too. Anyway, it's a very nice restaurant to go and try.

Gourmet! - Edit

This is a nice restaurant to enjoy a special evening as the staff are very considerate and the atmosphere quiet and relaxing. They also do spiritual "tea-tastings" on Fridays (noon to 9pm) for $10/person. I haven't done that yet but look forward to experiencing that sometime soon and updating my review! I suspect there is quite a bit of sodium used in the seasoning as I am usually hungry and thirsty an hour after eating here.

Pros: teas are a nice complement with the meal, staff very courteous, atmosphere quiet/relaxing

Cons: a little pricey, high salt/sodium in food

LOVE! - Edit

I've been to the Cambridge, Guelph, London and Mississauga locations and they are all fantastic.
The menu tends to vary at each location with same dishes being vegan at some locations but not at others (not sure why?) - but overall I can always find something great to eat at any of them.

I have even dined with my very discerning and meat loving father at Zen Gardens for lunch and he was impressed by the food.

I tend to frequent the Mississauga location the most, the ladies on staff are always welcoming.

Pros: Food, Staff, Options

Mostly everything on the menu is vegan, if it isn't, it is clearly specified that it contains dairy and/or egg. There are SO many options on the menu. This place has amazing variety and flavour. The wonton soup is amazing, the sweet and sour bites, kung po soy fritters, crispy soy fritters (tastes like how i remember KFC popcorn chicken), all the noodle dishes, the sushi.. I've brought many non vegetarian/non vegan friends here and they've all loved it. I go here way too often. There have been times where I've ordered something I havent liked so i suggest if you go and dont like it, you give it another try!

Pros: almost all vegan, AMAZINGly delicious, well priced

Cons: lots of deep fried (still delicious)

If you like King's Cafe, you'll like this - Edit

This is part of King's Vegetarian Food group of restaurants which also includes King's Cafe in Toronto, Zen Garden in Moncton, and a bunch of others scattered across Ontario, Quebec and the east coast.

If you read the reviews of King's cafe you'll get a good sense of what they serve. Huge menu full of Chinese-Buddhist mock meat dishes. Yum.

The restaurant looks brand new and beautiful, but it's located in an unfortunately developed area (Mississauga, natch).

Return to Mississauga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen Gardens - Mississauga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5386 times since Feb 2009.