Zen

55-59 Adelaide St, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT2 8FE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese cuisine with a dedicated vegetarian section on menu, some of which is vegan. Dishes include sushi, tempura, mushrooms, tofu, aubergine and vegetables dishes. Full bar.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by CiaraSlevin

Asian with a Japanese lean - Edit

Very expensive, offers staple Asian dishes with a Japanese twist (usually seaweed strips added in).

Pros: Popular

Cons: Expensive

Good Vegetarian Options & AMAZING Cocktails - Edit

Zen is an amazingly different dining experience. I visited yesterday with my sister for an impromptu Saturday evening dinner. They kindly offered us a table from 6pm to 7.30pm which suited us fine, especially as we rang at just 5pm that same day asking for one. We struck it lucky as Zen is an extremely busy restaurant!

The restaurant decor is spectacularly beautiful being a mix of modern and traditional Japanese design. Service was perfect and atmosphere buzzing, happy and friendly.

Zen has some great Vegetarian dishes on the menu so we got stuck in and ordered asparagus sushi, tofu parcel sushi and aubergine tempura as a sharing starter. My main was Coconscious Curry a thick rich coconut curry with spicy chilli, aubergines, green beans, tofu and pineapple. It was very, very good but not as good as my sisters Assorted Mushroom Teppanyaki dish - I'll be having that when I return as it was fabulous!

The house white Pinot Grigio complemented our food very well and the cocktails were amazing. For dessert we sat at the bar and worked our way through a range of cocktails including the Fountain of Youth (we can but try!), Cherry Blossoms, Russian Kisses, Watermelon Martinis, Banana Mojitos and a couple of Chunky Geishas. The best cocktails I have ever tasted. We had a brilliant evening and will definitely return to Zen very soon.

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.