Zeitgeist Cuisine

Contact 61-0430818842

B1/153 Clarence St (at Entrance located on Kent St), Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

Opened April 2015, this cafe offers prepared plant-based food for breakfast and lunch. Many raw items. Grab n go or eat here. Features a wall garden inside. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Take-out

First Review by natalierowee

Great stop by on a weekday - Edit

It is a small cafe with only a few seats but it's a great stop by on a busy weekday.

We had the brownie and avo toast, the brownie is to die for. So coconutty and rich, don't see a reason not to coming back and try their raw pad thai and burgers.

And as a vegan...not having to worry about which item can't I pick is awesome!!

Pros: Everything is vegan

Cons: Just a tiny cafe, might need some luck for a seat

Delicious and healthy - Edit

I love this place! Delicious vegan food that you can easily take away or eat-in. I especially love the salad with the orange and vegan parmesan cheese!

Also the dressing for the rice paper rolls is absolute heaven! I could seriously just eat a whole bowl of dressing!

The soups in winter are also great, they change week to week. I especially liked the peanut, tomato and rice soup.

The only downside is it can be a bit expensive (but it is in the city!), and sometimes it is hard to get a table as seating is limited.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great vegan takeaway options, Dessert options

Cons: Limited seating

that chicken! - Edit

The chicken in the burger actually looks and tastes like chicken it's incredible! The brownie and znicker bar are nice and the much better for you kind of desserts. The smoothies are not very sweet at all, even for someone who doesn't like sugary drinks - so they definitely felt quite healthy :) would love to visit again.

Pros: chicken is done very well

Cons: smoothies could be sweeter

Delicious burger! Unpretentious, tasty vegan food. - Edit

This is the first time I've gone to a specifically vegan establishment to eat out. I enjoy making my food from scratch to avoid processed and packaged foods. But I'll gladly eat at #Zeitgeist on Kent St regularly after my recent visit. Staff were so friendly and transparent, happily passing over a jar to allow me to read the ingredients, answering my questions about their faux meats, even discussing the liquid smoke used in their delicious tempeh bacon. They're probably used to people double checking they haven't been served meat, their vegan versions are that convincing. We had the chicken burger and the BLAT, both were delicious. Coffee with house blend almond and macadamia milk was so good we had a second round to go. Take a non-vegan friend, order the chicken burger for them - you may get a convert .

Pros: Reasonably priced, Delicious food, Friendly staff

Cons: Small, limited seating , Succinct menu

good healthy alternatives a carnivore would struggle to differentiate - Edit

enjoyed a plant based chicken burger and a B.L.A.T made with tempeh. I had to check what ingredients they used to make sure it was plant based. also delicious coffee and a macadamia/almond milk made in house.

Pros: friendly staff happy to talk about their ingredien

Cons: small space but what did you expect from a cosy ho

Beautifully yummy affordable food - Edit

This place is a cute little hole in the wall with friendly staff are bare wall and wood furnished feels. The food is amazing despite the small menu. For example the lunch menu has 5 options but they range from burgers to Phó. If you're a raw vegan the deserts look divine! Seated is limited and the tables can only fit 2 people comfortably for a meal otherwise there is a counter along the wall that could fit 4 people.

Pros: Affordable food, Diverse meal choices

Cons: Little seating

Deliciously friendly - Edit

A great place for lunch...eat in (limited seating) or takeaway...delicious, ample portions and staff that are really keen to help and share their knowledge of vegan/healthy eating with you. Small but perfect formed!

Pros: Delicious vegan food

Cons:

Super tasty takeaway - Edit

Very delicious and balanced food!
I had the macro bowl and rice paper rolls, that both came with a really generous amount of sauce!
I wish the macro bowl was a little bigger, but that and the rolls made a very tasty meal!

Pros: All (?) Vegan, Delicious food, Lots of sauce!

Cons: Food could have been slightly more generous

Entry is on Kent Street - Edit

The Clarence Street address on Happy Cow (and the cafe's website) might be an old legacy mailing address from the days when there were less buildings in Sydney.
If you arrive on foot (rather than being sent through the mail), the entrance is on Kent Street across the road from number 321.
Prices are mid range, probably due to quality ingredients. Portions are on the small side. I doubt there's any blatant intention to overcharge. It's just the cost of doing quality business.
I'm not a raw foodist, therefore I have the unsophisticated palette of a cooked-food vegan. To me the food is bland, but that's remedied by generous dressings.
Very nutritious, and a great option to get clean food in your mouth.
They do juices and coffee too.

Pros: nutritious, charming, nuttricious/price ratio

Cons: size/price ratio

nutritious and convenient - Edit

The staff are very friendly here. It's really nice to have a source of such nutritious vegan food in this area. The portion sizes can seem a little small for the price. The desserts are very well priced though and delicious (though often quite coconuty). The key lime pie is especially recommended!

Pros: nutritious, friendly

finally a vegan cafe in the CBD - Edit

I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. The food was delicious; no questions. The staff was super friendly. At just under $15, it's a bit pricey for a lunch for my liking. But then the soup choice would have been much cheaper. I added a choc brownie for $2.50 which was good value. There's nothing comparable in the area. So if I want vegan food (and I do) and don't feel like Asian it's a good alternative. I'll go with 5 stars in the end :-)

Pros: 100% vegan meals, made in the back kitchen, friendly staff, healthy food

Cons: few choices, not cheap

Amazing! - Edit

The service here is incredible! Super friendly and helpful staff. I also received a free slice of pie from them! Too kind.
The food served there are all vegan. I had the phad thai which tasted great.
Definitely will be coming back to try the breakfast!
If you're looking for a healthy vegan place to dine at, please do check this place out!

Pros: Friendly service, Great tasting food

Cons: Hard to find

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zeitgeist Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.