Zapatista Burrito Bar - Ridley Place

28 Ridley Place , Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, NE1 8JW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican fast food place serving burritos, fajitas, tacos, quesadilla, nachos, rice bowls and salads. At least one labeled vegan option for each: choose the sweet potato chilli as the main filling. Rice is vegan. Cheese can be substituted with guacamole. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-7:00pm, Sun 11:30am-5:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by CRKidd

Burrito Time - Edit

This outlet of Zapatista was just a short walk from where I used to work, so I often went for lunch. Compared to the Grainger Street outlet it is smaller in size but the same concept exists and the burrito options are the same and most importantly just as tasty. I always get the sweet potato and spicy bean burrito with guacamole as a substitute to cheese and sour cream, with a hot sauce and salad on top. There are mild sauces available too so don't worry. One noticeable difference I picked up upon between the two outlets is the knowledge of the staff in regards to veganism, which was worrying. I got asked on at least 2 occasions if I wanted cheese or sour cream despite stating I was vegan. I would therefore advise informing staff you are vegan to avoid any issues. Aside from that though this is a good place to go for a burrito.

Pros: Fresh and tasty vegan food, Inexpensive, Location

Cons: Some staff unknowledgable about veganism, Serves meat, Could be more vegan options

Best Burritos - Edit

My favourite burritos in the city. The sweet potato chilli is amazing and since you can't have sour cream or cheese as a vegan you get gucamole instead for free! (Usually extra charge). Super tasty and full of flavour. Can't recommend enough.

Return to Newcastle Upon Tyne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zapatista Burrito Bar - Ridley Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.