Zapatista Burrito Bar - Ridley Place

• ( 7 reviews )

28 Ridley Place , Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, NE1 8JW

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican fast food place serving burritos, fajitas, tacos, quesadilla, nachos, rice bowls and salads. At least one labeled vegan option for each: choose the sweet potato chilli as the main filling. Rice is vegan. Cheese can be substituted with guacamole. Open Mon-Sat 11:30-19:00, Sun 11:30-17:30.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by CRKidd

LiamWright

Points +58

04 Mar 2021

Best Street Food in Newcastle

Whether it's before a night out, or just for lunch. This is my favourite place for some food.

Pros: Great Options, Friendly Staff, Fast

crashingwaves

Points +126

30 Sep 2018

Nice for a quick lunch

Several vegan options available but I skip the filling and get black beans with rice and veggies in my burrito. Free guac on your burrito if vegan. Cholula on every table is a really nice touch 👍

newcastlehypnotherapy

Points +110

16 Sep 2018

Mmmmm

Tried a wrap or two from the catering truck at a food festival. Really worth trying :)

Pros: Lovely food

VioletBeeSmith

Points +59

25 Aug 2018

scrummy yummy

Cool little Mexican style café. Had an amazing rice bowl with sweet potato chilli, salsa, onions, peppers, lettuce, guacamole. Really tasty. Very filling and great value. Had 3 meals plus a drink each for £20.

SamanthaParkin

Points +238

05 Apr 2018

lunch for the whole family

Just had lunch here and there was something for everyone, myself, a vegan, had a delicious sweet potato burrito, my son had vegetarian tacos with multiple fillings and my daughter, who is a fussy eater, had a cheese wrap, there were plenty of meat options for my husband! All over family winner

Pros: reasonable price , friendly customer service , tasty food

deadpledge

Points +7139

01 Mar 2018

Burrito Time

This outlet of Zapatista was just a short walk from where I used to work, so I often went for lunch. Compared to the Grainger Street outlet it is smaller in size but the same concept exists and the burrito options are the same and most importantly just as tasty. I always get the sweet potato and spicy bean burrito with guacamole as a substitute to cheese and sour cream, with a hot sauce and salad on top. There are mild sauces available too so don't worry. One noticeable difference I picked up upon between the two outlets is the knowledge of the staff in regards to veganism, which was worrying. I got asked on at least 2 occasions if I wanted cheese or sour cream despite stating I was vegan. I would therefore advise informing staff you are vegan to avoid any issues. Aside from that though this is a good place to go for a burrito.

Pros: Fresh and tasty vegan food, Inexpensive, Location

Cons: Some staff unknowledgable about veganism, Serves meat, Could be more vegan options

CRKidd

Points +86

03 Feb 2018

Best Burritos

My favourite burritos in the city. The sweet potato chilli is amazing and since you can't have sour cream or cheese as a vegan you get gucamole instead for free! (Usually extra charge). Super tasty and full of flavour. Can't recommend enough.

Return to Newcastle Upon Tyne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zapatista Burrito Bar - Ridley Place closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.