Zapatista Burrito Bar - Grainger St

( 1 review )
+44-1912220800

9 Grainger St (at Central Station), Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, NE1 5DQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican fast food place serving burritos, fajitas, tacos, quesadilla, nachos, rice bowls and salads. At least one labeled vegan option for each: choose the sweet potato chilli as the main filling. Rice is vegan. Cheese can be substituted with guacamole. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-7:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 11:30am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by hack_man

Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance, to the radio - Edit

I've been meaning to give this place a sniff for some time now. The opportunity came on the first Thursday in March 2017 prior to going to see Peter Hook and the Light at the fantastic Boiler Shop venue which is very close by. The concept is a bit like Subway. Start at one end of the counter and work across. First you pick your meal (burrito, fajita, quesadilla, nachos, chilli and rice or salad bowl). By the way, I don't waste my time on salads just in case anyone wondered or even cared. I went for the Burrito which was first heated on a grill plate in preparation for filling. Next the rice. I chose the lime rice. Then I asked for a vegan filling which was a delicious sweet potato and kidney bean chilli. Other stock components were then added from the large selection available such as onions, tomatoes and jalapeños. Guacamole was used as a cheese substitute which made me more than happy. Lots of sauces to choose from. I went for the hot chipotle. The hotter the better really. Next time I may try the hot Zapata made with scotch bonnets if I'm feeling brave. This was then wrapped nice and tightly in a piece of foil. I washed it down with a Mexican beer. What else? I even added some more chipotle sauce at the table. £5 will get you a burrito and £3.20 ish gets you a bottle of beer. It's the Zapatista way.

Pros: great concept, fresh & tasty, location

Cons: meat served

Return to Newcastle Upon Tyne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zapatista Burrito Bar - Grainger St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.