Zao Chi Su Ba - Earlier Vegetarian

131 Min Sheng Rd, Nanning, China

Simple restaurant on the street level. Offers daily around 15 prepared vegetable dishes from which to choose, served with plain rice. All-you-can-eat. Frequented by locals. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-7:30pm.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Buffet

First Review by zungi

Long queue and crowded - Edit

Address in Chinese: 早吃素 餐厅, 黄金假日酒店, 民生广场 131 民生路
Expect long queue and a big crowd. Foods are very delicious with buffet style.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 13, 2015

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive

Cons: Long queue

Nice simple Buddhist style restaurant - Edit

The food is simple but good. It's a buffet and all vegan as far as I can tell, so it's easy to just select by the look of the food without questions. The wait staff is really sweet. It's still a 5 yuan donation, and a significant portion of that goes to help someone-- I think it was Buddhist causes.

I don't speak Mandarin, but the locals that I was with told them about Happy Cow and that their restaurant was listed. They graciously sent us back to the hotel with bottles of what tasted like Kombucha. Mine was rose flavored and one of my companions received Dragon Fruit. Even my meat eating friends liked the food and the experience.

My only regret is that I didn't actually find the restaurant until the day before my departure and it's less than .5 mile from Nanning Hotel and the Parkson malls downtown. Definitely worth tracking down early in your stay.

Pros: Fresh food, Vegan buffet so easy to choose, Supports Buddhist Causes

Cons: No air conditioning

Mingle with the Locals - Edit

No-frills eatery. Put a 5 yuan note (at the time of writing less than 1 dollar) into a box, eat from what is available and take your time. Sooner or later empty containers are replenished and in the meantime you can socialize with the clients. Unfortunately the friendly staff doesn't speak English.
The place is in the Lvdu commercial building. Coming down Jiefang Road, walk around the right side of the building until you see the parking cars.

Pros: cheap, casual

Cons: food simple and not necessarily hot

Return to Nanning Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zao Chi Su Ba - Earlier Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.