Zao Asian Cafe

801-523-7676

11160 Auto Mall Dr, Sandy, Utah, USA, 84070

Serves meat, vegan options available.Fast-casual eatery offering on Asian cuisine with items like Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches, Korean tacos, rice bowls, salads, and organic sodas. Sweet soy sauce, green curry sauce, and the Thai spice organic tofu are all vegan suitable. Open Mon-Thu 10:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Asian, Fusion, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by JulieCrump

good crunchy veggies! - Edit

This place was quite good. I'm still new at this way of eating, so need to learn a few things when it comes to ordering and what goes well together when you don't have meat. I got a half rice, half noodle bowl with tofu and fresh green curry sauce. The first few bites were amazing!! Then the flavors started to taste too strong. Here's what I would do differently next time.
I wouldn't get the noodles because with sauce, they become too dense. I wouldn't get the tofu because the Thai flavor was too strong for me. I think I would like to try the roasted veggies. Next I would get the sauce on the side and ask for the teriyaki sauce on the side too. That way you could flavor it a little at a time. Once all the yummy raw veggies were gone the sauce overpowered the rest.
My husband got the tacos and let me try a chicken one (I'm not perfect at this;-) and it was wonderful! I think it would be good roasted veggies or beans (if they have that)

Pros: amazing fresh combo of veggie toppings , good sauces, nice atmosphere

Cons: only one flavor of tofu, sauce is strong when paired with the tofu

Return to Sandy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zao Asian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.