Zambretto Italian - Old Sneddon St

+44-1418892727

42-46 Old Sneddon St, Paisley, Scotland, PA3 2AP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant with separate vegan menu of pizza and pasta dishes; uses vegan cheese. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-1:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by AgataAgathe

I am ill - Edit

I am ill as I write this, physically and emotionally. Was here today for lunch and I cannot BELIEVE how we were treated. I have strict dietary requirements ( I cannot eat dairy) and after doing my research found they had a vegan menu so I thought perfect, my partner and I can go there for lunch. I will be able to get pizza or pasta with vegan cheese! Even called up before and asked if they were definitely vegan, they said yes.
Asked for the vegan menu when we arrived and got shown to a table.
My partner is not vegan. However we decided to get 2 pizzas from the vegan menu as we wanted to share and he was happy to do that.
Our waitress was small, older, dark hair dressed in smart casual, blue colour.
I ordered for both of us.
I pointed to the two pizzas and spoke ' the funghi pizza and the pesto roasted veg pizza, both vegan please' I clearly said this and she nodded and said okay. She was not listening and it becomes obvious she has terrible customer service and no respect for dietary requirements. My issue with dairy is health related and what happened next is a dangerous game for a restaurant.
The two pizzas arrive and I realise mines has no pesto on it? I ask about this and get told ' oh we didn't have any' . Great. Thanks for letting me know. Absolutely shocking. I then start sharing my partners, he says his is so good he can't believe it's not real cheese! I agree and start to worry. He says I think they've only given you the vegan pizza and assumed mines is just normal. Even though I ordered HOLDING the vegan menu, pointing to the specific pizzas and SPEAKING and asking for both to be vegan. We ask the waitress and she could not care less, 'yeah it's normal pizza' she says. Realising I've just ate cheese for the first time in months and knowing I'm going to suffer big time for this because of this mistake by the waitress. A mistake she accepts noooo responsibility for. No apology. I can't even begin to argue or make a fuss about it. I'm gutted. My partner tries to stand up for up me and explain ' she did say both vegan' . She becomes combative and has a really awful attitude. People like this should not be working in hospitality. She was not listening to me. She made a massive mistake, one I have to suffer for. She wouldn't even admit it was her mistake! The way it was handled was the worst part. No understanding, no compassion, no attempt to make it better. Just cold, emotionlessly shrugging it off.
I will be sharing this with people as I don't want the same thing happening to them. Sort your staff out, educate them about your menu and get them to have better of customer service. After pointing out TWO evident mistakes the waitress in question, made no effort, nor did anyone else, to reconcile our grievances. This is serious and is a form of disrespect/ ignorance on so many levels. This restaurant advertises itself as having a vegan menu, but it is certainly not vegan friendly. Or any other dietary requirement friendly for that matter.

Separate vegan menu - Edit

You need to ask for vegan menu so no need to search for little ‘v’ symbols next to the name of the meals. Menu contains starters, mains, salad and desserts. We tried pizza with mozzarisella, one pasta dish and both desserts. Calzone with banana and chocolate is really good. Two flavours of ice cream to choose. Positive experience.

Pros: Separate vegan menu, no need to explain or ask additional questions abo

Return to Paisley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zambretto Italian - Old Sneddon St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.