First Review by Bob Sultan

menu changes - Edit

I went there once last month and it was amazing. At 6:00, I was the only one in there but the owners kept bringing me extra things that weren't included in the buffet like naan and dessert. Great food, good atmosphere, lovely people.

However, I brought a friend last week and they are under construction but still open for business. So it smells like a construction site while you are eating (though I'm sure that will be done soon) but more importantly: no more buffet. Most things on the menu are about 50 RMB, making me miss the buffet even more.

Pros: good food, freindly

Cons: under construction, no more buffet

Amazing break from Chinese food - Edit

I was also headed to Sharmaji and ended up here. It's very easy to find on the main road just a few minutes walk from the xiaobei metro stop (line 5). I arrived at 6:20 and they were setting up the buffet. I was eating by 6:25.

There were 6 dishes, all of them vegan (although I was told there is sometimes one dish with dairy). The naan is also vegan. The buffet is 50rmb -all you can eat bread, all you can eat Indian food.

Everything was quite nice and a little spicy. The staff was very friendly and they understand vegan. Overall a great experience, a good break from Chinese food if you've been in China for awhile.

There is also a large menu that you can order from.

Pros: English spoken, All you can eat, Pure veg

Cons: Not 100% vegan

Satisfied my urge for Indian food - Edit

Although I love Chinese food, it's nice to have a change when staying in Guangzhou. I had the 50 RMB evening buffet at Zaikaa. I thought it was quite good. There were about six main dishes to choose from plus rice, daal, etc. The food was lightly spiced and did not appear to have a lot of onion and garlic (so it may please people who follow an Ayervedic diet). I particularly liked the pakora. The place is clean, modern, small, casual, and well lit. The evening I went, the customers appeared to be mostly or all Indian. This section of Guangzhou has many wholesale markets and you see many non-chinese mostly from Africa, the Middle East, and Indian Subcontinent. I found this place while looking for Sharmaji, which is in the same neighborhood and which I will try to find next time.

Pros: buffet, good food, friendly staff

Cons: a bit pricey for China

Return to Guangzhou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zaikaa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1480 times since Nov 2012.