Zagame's

( 1 review )

25 Derby Rd, Caulfield East, Caulfield, Victoria, 3145

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pub with large food menu. Has a separate vegan menu listing starters, mains, desserts. There are a variety of cuisines and examples of meals include tomato bruschetta, cauliflower shawarma, beetroot burger, and churros with chocolate sauce. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-9:00pm, Fri 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sat 11:30am-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by ericacrombie

Good food, typical pub/hotel - Edit

When we arrived they asked if we were vegan and then gave us the vegan menu, which is different from the main menu and also has the gluten free options on it. The menu is fairly extensive and you're bound to find something you'll like.

I ordered the miso ramen and it was actually really nice. My sister said she ordered it when they first created the menu and it wasn't as good so they must be listening to feedback. The orange and poppyseed "cake" I ordered was actually a muffin but I'll forgive them since it was still nice.

The main thing I like about this place is that it's a typical, non-hipster, old-people friendly (and kid friendly) pub so I can go with family who are old and don't like change or kids who wouldn't be welcome in other restaurants. Hipster vegan restaurants are fun for me but my dad who can barely walk or hear well doesn't find them too inviting.

This new vegan menu is VERY appreciated by my family who has already been at least five times in the few weeks since it's existed. Everyone has said their food was nice.

Pros: Family friendly (especially the elderly and kids), Extensive vegan menu including desserts, Reasonably priced

Cons: Food not always consistent but it's a new menu

Return to Caulfield Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zagame's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.