Zabb Thai Restaurant

Contact 778-484-3988

3009 Pandosy St, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, V1Y1W3

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food place opened in Mar 2013 across from SOPA Square in Kelowna Mission. Many dishes can be made with tofu instead of meat. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by chel534

very vegan friendly - Edit

I love going to this restaurant! They say that they can make any dish vegan. I always get the pineapple fried rice! but as a warning, they cook tofu with the meat. I don't have the tofu from there but this might not bug other people.

Wonderful hidden gem! - Edit

I first stumbled upon this restaurant completely by accident, and it is now one of my favourite places to eat out in Kelowna as a vegan, as I feel like it gives me lots of options and the food is absolutely delicious!
It is true that vegetarian/vegan options are not written directly on the menu, but after asking the owner/manager I found out that almost every main noodle, curry or rice dish can be made with a tofu substitute, and it really is that easy. I personally have tried the red curry, pineapple-fried rice, "chicken cashew", cucumber salad & of course pad thai! (Always a favourite).
I have brought many people here and everyone I have has loved it!
The customer service is also excellent, on a couple occasions the manager has packed extra rice for free to go with my leftovers :).
If you are planning to come on the weekend, I would be sure to make a reservation, as the restaurant itself is not very big and it is often busy, but I feel this adds to its small, home-cooked vibe. Also, although it is small, I must say the decor is modern and everything appears immaculate.
Can't say enough good things, try it out for yourself!
P.s. I was not given the option to give this 5 stars, but I would if I could!

Pros: Good customer service, Delicious food, Flexible options

Cons: Can be busy/crowded at times

Yum - Edit

They do not have any vegetarian options on the menu, but when I asked they said they could prepare some of the meals with tofu. I ordered the "chicken cashew" dish with tofu and it was pretty good. The meals were a bit small, but priced fairly.

The server did not know which dishes could be made vegetarian, but a manager came over to explain. She told me the Tom Yum Noodle Soup has meat broth and they cannot make vegetarian spring rolls.

Pros: Some dishes can be made with tofu, Restaurants looks modern and new

Cons: No vegetarian spring rolls, No vegetarian options on the menu

Return to Kelowna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Zabb Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 800 times since Apr 2013.