CLOSED: Zaatar Hummus Bar

604-800-8489

809 Davie St (at Howe St), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6Z1B7

Most of menu is vegan. In addition to hummus, items on menu include tahini, green tahini, baba ganoush, shakshuka dish, eggplant, falafel, soups, salads and more. All dishes under $8. Wi-fi. FEB 2014 REPORTED SHUT, WEB NOT WORKING, FB INACTIVE.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by axelboot

great falafel - Edit

I think this is one of my favorite spots for falafel. I always order the falafel plate. Its delicious.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, open late

Delicious and fresh - Edit

We ordered the Baba ghanoush ( the larger size) and the Falafel plate. Everything was delicious. Plenty of food for two. I didn't realize the Baba ghanoush had mayo in it though so I wouldn't order again since I'm vegan. But we will definitely return and try the Burekas ( filled with mashed potatoes / mushroom and onions) and the Burekas Bagels ( filled with mushroom, onion and spinach ). And also their Fried Cauliflower and Green Tahini will be a must to try too. We will get the Hummus again but this time the bigger version since it is so good!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Fresh

Great tasting mediterranean food! - Edit

I've eaten here about three or four times in the last two months.
The falafel pita is great tasting- and the generous sized falafel balls are not oily but crisp on the outside. Nice filling of fresh cucumber etc, and tahini sauce.
Always ask for more tahini sauce!
Also had a roasted eggplant pita that was yummy, and the bureka with mushrooms was tasty too.

Very affordable meals, with everything in the $6 to $9 price range. Service is quick too, and you can eat in comfortably, which I've done, or do take out as I see other customers doing.

Everything is vegetarian (though some items do come with egg, so ask for vegan option), and the place is very clean, as is the washroom. Important items too for me.

Definitely a worth while spot to patronize!! Healthy, tasty and a great value for your money!!!

Pros: Fresh and tasty, Generous portions, International style

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Zaatar Hummus Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.