Yunlaiju - Windlucky - Futain District

0755-82894181

Honey Lake Resort, Futain District, Shenzhen, China

云来居素食馆, at 深圳福田区香蜜湖度假村中国娱乐城大门南侧, is a Yunnan-style vegetarian restaurant. Also serving a selection of pu'er tea. Directions: Located a the southern side of China Entertainment City, take metro to Honey Lake Station exit C, behind the Honey Lake automobile market. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by JohnnySensible

Difficult to find but yummy - Edit

I'd say this restaurant is at least a 15-minute walk from the Xiangmihu metro station. Iphone maps will take you there but I agree with the other commenter; you will not feel like you're going the right way, and some of the way is not very well lit at night. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside is lovely and the people are nice. There was one English speaking server which was nice but they do have a menu with photos and English so wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't been there. No alcohol. I highly recommend the filled pancakes and both the fried and nonfried dumplings! The cauliflower was great if a bit spicy. My husband has the pork with the wraps and liked it pretty well. I would not recommend the meatball; it did not look like the photo when it came. It is mushy and mushroomy but might be good if you like that sort of thing.

Excellent - Edit

I came here with a local who's been here before. And even then we struggled to direct the taxi to the right location. It is only in fact a 5-10 minute walk from Xiangmihu MTR station, but good luck walking in the right direction. You'll certainly feel like you're going the wrong way before you find it, and from the outside, it doesn't even really look like a restaurant (see photos).

Once you get through the underwhelming exterior, the decor inside is incredibly pleasant. There's a definite Buddhist influence. The staff were all friendly, and the food absolutely delicious.

It was a little expensive, costing ¥160 to fill both of us, but I would say that it was worth it. The food was superb.

I especially liked the dumplings.

Everything about this place is excellent... if you can find it.

Pros: Delicious food, Really nice decor

Cons: Very difficult to find

Fantastic! - Edit

Had a chance to visit Shenzhen last week and was recommended this restaurant by the hotel staff as it was the closest thing to where I was staying.

The location is a bit tricky as it is located within a park through many alleyways. The first taxi driver flat-out refused to take me. It took much convincing by the hotel concierge for the 2nd taxi to give it a try, but it even took a couple phone calls by the driver to find this restaurant.

Once I made it there the staff was extremely friendly but spoke little English. The place has the look and feel of an ancient Buddhist temple. I ordered a main and bowl of personal soup. Everything on the menu looked fantastic but could not try many as I'm always a lone vegan diner! There is a wonderfully done picture menu that has no English on it. Once they realized I read no Chinese they brought out an English menu that is very extensive with no pictures.

The food was fantastic and I ended up ordering 2 extra mains plus 2 rice bowls and the total was 150RMB including a pot of hot tea. Will definitely return to try other dishes.

They also have a website at www.ss520.org

Pros: peaceful atmosphere, English menu, very friendly staff

Cons: hard to find

Glorious! - Edit

I am going to have to make time to modify my "Fave 10" list.

Yunlaiju is way better than a "5 HappyCows" rating!

I had dinner at Yunlaiju last night with 2 friends - my second visit!

Remarkable!

Just their selection of teas makes a visit worthwhile - I chose freshly roasted buckwheat tea!

Warning - you have to navigate a maze of un-named streets to find it - study the location carefully / ask locals for help in finding it before you go!

Return to Shenzhen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yunlaiju - Windlucky - Futain District closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.