First Review by junya

Vege eatery near Mt. Kinabalu - Edit

Certainly the only vege eatery in Ranau, probably the only one within 100km. But, other than proximity to Mt. Kinabalu, frankly, the main attraction here may be the owner. As I entered, she greeted me with a smile as if she were welcoming an old acquaintance. After informing (warning?) me that all food was vegetarian, she pointed to the menu of 10 rice dishes. Then, as soon as I selected one, she flashed that smile again while apologizing: "Sorry, rice is finished", and offered noodles instead (I guess you can have any kind of rice dish you want, as long as it's noodles!). The broth of the kway teow soup I had was okay, but its single leaf of greens appeared terribly lonely - maybe the greens were finished too. But who cares - the real nourishment was in the sparkling eyes of the owner, who proudly informed me that she is 76 years old.

I wanted to give it another try, but was only staying one more day, and that day it was closed. So although I can't provide a review of the food on the menu, I highly recommend this as a place for a healthy serving of irresistibly sweet charm.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-16

Pros: Near Mt. Kinabalu, Charming owner

Cons: Limited menu

Return to Ranau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yun Hin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.