REMOVED: Yulli's Bar

• Vegetarian

Contact 9319-6609

417 Crown St (at opposite Clock Hotel), Sydney, New South Wales, 2010

Vegetarian food and wine bar. The separate vegan menu is available on request and includes desserts, coconut milk ice cream. Vegan wine and beer clearly identified. Has partially sheltered courtyard out back. REMOVED JULY 2016, DUPLICATE ENTRY.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by thelink

Salt and pepper tofu! - Edit

I have been here a few times and the salt and pepper tofu is my favourite!

I found trying to read the gluten free menu and the vegan menu confusing as you have to pick dishes that are on both menus. Would be easier if they just labelled which dishes were vegan and gluten on the one menu.

On the different occasions that I have been here, the service wasn't that great. We were sitting right near the bar and they kept forgetting about us.

Pros: Vegan menu

Cons: The service

Amazing Experience - Edit

Yulli's has a great vibe! Food was amazing and atmosphere was just as good. We had the dumplings, money bags, crepes and salt and pepper tofu and all were flawless. Only regret is that we were too full to try dessert!

Trendy veggie wine bar in funky neighbourhood - Edit

Having heard a lot about this place I shepherded my vegan husband and 5 friends (ranging from the vegetarian to the carnivorous) to Yulli's on the night of my 30th birthday. It's in a very boho neighbourhood and makes a lovely walk from the centre of Sydney along Crown street lined with bars and boutiques. Yulli's was not a disappointment - it had a trendy wine bar vibe with a good varied menu and a separate menu for vegans, as well as a good choice of vegan wine & beer. Food was varied and unusual (my husband & his omnivore friend both said the bitter melon pancakes topped with thai curry were the best meal they'd ever had) and service was friendly and efficient. Downsides were that it was very cramped - they seemed to have gone for quantity of covers over comfort of diners, although I guess you can't blame a small business for that, pretty pricey and again didn't stay open as late as you'd expect on a Thursday in a 24-hr city! But still comes very highly recommended and well worth a visit - it's an unusual experience and very nice to be in a trendy wine bar that's all veggie :-)

Pros: Inventive tasty food, Great atmosphere, Fab concept

Cons: Quite expensive, Pretty cramped inside, Closes at 11pm

There is a separate vegan menu to make things easy - Edit

We enjoyed a wonderful walk from the center of town over to Yulli's Bar. The entire walk on a Saturday night was jam packed with young people spilling in and out of bars & restaurants. Yulli's was hosting a Christmas party in the back, but we enjoyed our outdoor seats to people watch and take in the whole scene. While we came here for after dinner drinks (make sure to grab a Skinny Blond Beer (Byron Bay) and watch the label as you finish your drink) we ended up having the mango sticky rice and coconut dessert, which was fantastic. The service and people behind the bar are amazing, and took care of us first over the Christmas Party going on in the back, clearing a table inside and holding it for us before the Xmas Party and us had to spill back inside as the outside areas close at a certain hour.

Pros: Skinny Blond Beer, Sticky Mango Rice, Service/outdoor seating

Food a mixed bag... - Edit

Was very excited to visit, as I had heard great things about it. The place was a very interesting spot. Beautiful decor, great music, superb atmosphere. But the dining was less exciting. It really was a bit hit and miss. We tried about seven dishes all up, and only half hit the mark. The Edamame were very well steamed and tasty - though tiny portion. I also liked the Masaman curry dish, which was delicious, and the dumplings were well received. Less successful was the salad, which was pretty plain and boring, and the salt and pepper tofu, which I found extremely bland. The roast potatoes combo, which was very interesting as an idea (six different vegetables as "fries"), did not leap off the plate.

It's a pricey night out in a beautiful venue, which has its merits. But I won't be running back for the food....

Pros: great atmosphere, lovely music selection, friendly/knowledgeable staff

Cons: selection, food bland

Great night out - Edit

We only found out about Yulli's bar recently although it's been there for a few months.

And WOW! Finally Sydney has a trendy vegetarian venue where you can spend a great night out!

Yulli's is a smallish venue with some indoor and some outdoor courtyard seating. Definitely give them a ring to book a table to avoid missing out.

The decor is cool and cosy at the same time and the music just right.

Yulli's has an upmarket beer and wine menu but we didn't have any alcohol on our recent first visit so we actually don't know if all the beer and wine is vegetarian / vegan friendly. Cocktails are also available.

Now let's talk about food.

There is a selection of "dishes to share" as well as a selection of "mains". All dishes are vegetarian with enough vegan choices to keep us happy. There are also several desserts, only one of them vegan.

All dishes we chose were absolutely delicious and very well presented. We enjoyed a great cup of coffee with our dessert.

So get dressed up a bit and enjoy a great night out with friends or with your new hot date.

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Yulli's Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4685 times since Feb 2009.